THIRTY

THIRTY 

Meanwhile, while Scott is having dinner with Kira and her parents, I lay on Stiles' bed as he was at his crime wall. He had red ribbon, connecting it with something. I cock my head. Beside me, was different colour strings off balls. 

Red, green, yellow, and blue. "What do the different coloured strings mean?" I asked. 

Stiles turned his head towards me briefly. "Oh, just stage of the investigations. So green, is solved, yellow is determined, blue's just pretty," 

"And my favorite color," I grin.

"And that, too," Stiles said. 

"What does red mean?" I asked. 

"Unsolved." Oh

"You only have red on the board." I chuckle. 

"Yes, I'm aware, thank you." Stiles turned his body to me. 

"Did you get detention for pulling the alarm? Even though... I pulled it." I softly say. 

"Yep. Every day this week. It's okay, though. We were onto something." Stiles told me. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean for you to get caught." I mumble. 

"It's okay," Stiles said. 

"But, even though we didn't find any proof of Barrow being there?" I asked, my eyes wander down to the ground. 

"Hey, Stacey," Stiles softly said, walking towards me. He bent down, and tilted my chin, making me look at him. "You and Lydia have been right time something like this has happened, okay? So don't start doubting yourself now." 

"No scent. No bomb." I reminded him and sighed. I had wrapped the red string around my finger and gulped. "I got you in trouble." 

"Okay," Stiles softly whispers. "Look, Barrow was there. All right? You knew it. You felt it. Okay?" He slowly started to unwrap the red string around my finger. "And look, if you wanted to, I'd go back to the school that night right now and search all night just to prove it." 

I smiled, as he chucks the string onto his bed. "I love you, Stiles." He smiled back at me, and I lean in slowly, and I kissed his lips gently. I pull back, and I looked at the ground. He then looked at me, as if he had an idea on his face, and he had pulled out a green vivid. 

"Get up. Get up now, we're going to the school." Stiles said. 

Stiles and I enter a science classroom. Who knew I'd be here after dark. "So, what are we looking for?" I asked as we entered the classroom. Stiles had entered a storage in the science room. I followed him. "That was supposed to be locked."

"Yeah. I know. Notice anything else?" Stiles asked, he grabbed out his phone. 

"It smells like chemicals." I pointed out. He had turned on the torch on his phone, pointing the torch to the shelves. He bends down through the shelf and looks through. "They wouldn't have able to catch his scent." 

"Yup." Stiles mumbled, looking through the shelves. He then looked down, and so did I, my gaze follows his. There were shattered glass and some sort of chemicals. "He was here, performing very minor surgery to himself. You and Lydia were right." 

"Then why don't I feel good about this?" I ask, my stomach turning. 

"Probably because he was here to kill somebody," Stiles said. 

"But who?" 

"That's what we're here to figure out." Stiles nodded. He then proceeds to stand up and walked out of the storage closet. I followed him. "We could spread out start looking for... anything." My eyes then wonder to the blackboard and walked down the aisle in the classroom, as Stiles was elsewhere looking. "Stacey, what are those?" 

"Atomic numbers," I answer, as I stand in front of the board. Stiles quickly came next to me. 

"Is it a formula?" Stiles asked softly. 

"Not really. 19's potassium. 53's iodine. 88's radium." I explain. "Hey, maybe Mr. Harris was useful after all. The first two make potassium iodide..." I pick up the chalk and I write a K next to 19. Then an I next to 53. 

"Potassium is K?" Stiles asked, confusion written all over his face. I let out a giggle, pressing my lips together. 

"From Kalium, the scientific neo-Latin name," I explain. What? I study. 

"What's radium?" Stiles asked, frowning. I then write Ra. My eyes widen and I step back, the words that were there were. 

Ra. 

"R-a." I whisper. 

"Kira." Stiles mumbled. 

✢ 

"Scott?" Stiles called out as I had rushed by my brother's side, who was lying next to his bike, unconscious, outside of Kira's house. I already knew Barrow had taken Kira. 

"Scotty, hey," my knees hit the ground and I lightly tap his face, trying to wake him up. "Scott? Scott!"

He had blood on his forehead, and he sits up, his eyes opened. "Barrow, he took Kira!" 

"We know. He was after her the whole time." I slowly stood up, and stand next to Stiles. Soon, Scott was on the phone with Isaac, wondering if they had found any information on the flies. 

Stiles and I stand aside, somewhat listening to Scott's conversation. "All right, thanks." Scott ended the call and turned back to us, putting his phone in his pocket. "We have to think of something. He's going to kill her." 

"I knew he was there. How did we know that?" I ask, a little worried now. 

"Because you and Lydia heard the flies, right?" Stiles reminded me. 

"What do you hear now?" Scott asked, and all eyes were on me. I close my eyes. Nothing. I open them. 

"Nothing. I feel like I can do this. But I don't know what to do." I softly said. "It's like it's on the tip of my tongue, and I don't know how to trigger it." I brush a hand on my hair, my eyes watering. "I just... I swear to God, it makes me want to scream." 

"Okay, then scream. Stacey, scream." Stiles told me. I then let out a loud scream, my mouth opening. It slowly dies down, and my eyes widen. My head ever so slowly turns around as my back was not facing them. This sound... it's a humming sound, there are no more flies, it's... humming. 

My eyes then wander over to the light above me, it couldn't be coming from there, right? "It's not flies." My voice shakily said, and I cleared my throat. I turn around quickly to Stiles, who jumped back slightly. My eyes widen, I scared Stiles. "It's electricity," 

"Wait a second, Barrow was an electrical engineer. He worked at a power substation." Stiles said. 

"What substation?" Scott asked.