TWENTY-FIVE

TWENTY-FIVE 

The next morning, Stiles, me, Allison, and Scott hover in a corner in History class. We were going over what happened last night with Allison so she's on the memo. 

"Here's where we found the den." Stiles explained showing on his phone on a map. "It's right in the middle of the hiking trails." I lean on Stiles, who wrapped an arm loosely around my shoulder.

"That could narrow it down." Allison nodded. "Coyotes travel in fixed trails. But I think you're right about her not going back to her den. Coyotes don't like wolves. And they're really smart. If they don't want to be heard, they actually walk on their toes."

"Coyotes tip-toe?" I asked, raising an eyebrow to my best friend.

"They tip-toe." Allison rolls her eyes. "I got to go, send me the pin location." Allison said and she left.

Stiles and I held hands, as went to our desks. I look over, seeing Scott talking to Kira. Cute. I kissed Stiles' hand before sitting down and he smiled over at me.

"All right, everyone, let's get started." Mr. Yukimura announced. "We were just talking about internment camps and prisoners of war. There's a passage in our reading that I'd like to go over in more detail... who would like to come up and read aloud for us? Mr. Stilinski, how about you?"

Oh, my god. Of course. The one person who can't read gets chosen. "Oh, maybe someone else could." Stiles said slowly, you know, I've never seen him wear a white t-shirt. Man does it look hot- stop it.

I jump up out of my seat raising my hand. "Oh, me! I would love to read. I'm an excellent reader, Mr. Yukimura," I start to walk over to the little table. "In fact, I can read the whole book allowed. I wouldn't mind, honestly,"

"Everyone participates in my class, Mr. Stilinski, but thank you, Ms. McCall, for volunteering." Mr. Yukimura nods at me, for me to be dismissed.

"Okay," Stiles mutters, and he gets up and out of his chair. Our hands brush against each other and I stop him.

"Deep breaths, remember?" I whisper ever so softly, we connect our eyes, and he nods softly. I take his hand and I squeezed it supportively, I mean, I would totally kiss him right there and then, I don't think everyone will be impressed. I take a seat, and he stands, with the book in front of him. Heck, I'm nervous for him.

For a second, we made eye contact before his eyes trailed down to the book. Stiles stared at the book hard, my heart was beating fast. Nervously, I lean forward. His hand's grip on the sides of the table, as he studied hard on the words.

Come on, Stiles. He looked extremely confused and worried. He then looks up, and his eyes fall on me again, panic and worry in his eyes. Oh, no, this isn't good. He was shaking, and I stand up slowly.

"Stiles, you okay?" I asked slowly, his breaths were heavy, panic attack, maybe. He stumbled a little, making me move quickly to him. "I should take him to the nurse," I look over at Scott, who seemed worried. "I'll take him alone," Mr. Yukimura nodded and I take Stiles hand, helping him out. "Shh, it's okay, it's okay," I whisper, rubbing his back gently as I take him out of the classroom.

Instead of taking him to the nurse, I took him to the boys' locker room instead. He runs in, stumbling. "Hey, Stiles." I tried calmly. "Look at me, is this a panic attack?" He then reached for the bathroom sink, putting his hands around it.

"It's just a dream. This is just a dream." Stiles tried telling himself, and I shake my head.

"Baby, no, it's not. It's real. You're here. You're here with me." I try to convince him as I stand behind him in the mirror. "Okay, what do you do, hon? I mean, how do you tell if your awake or dreaming?"

"Your fingers..." Stiles breathes grew quicker, my eyes widening. "You count your fingers. You have extra fingers in your dreams."

"How many do I have?" I held up six fingers, and frowned when he didn't focus on me, he kept panicking. "Hey! Look at me, Sti. Come on, babe looks at my hands and counts with me." He slowly turned around, I couldn't bear this. "One..." I held up a finger.

"Two." Stiles winced in pain, breathing heavily and quickly.

"Keep going, baby," I try.

I held up another finger. "Three. Four." He counts with me as I held up fingers.

"Five."

"Six." Stiles gulped. "Seven."

"Eight." I nodded.

"Nine." Stiles counted. "Ten." He looked at me.

"Ten." I nodded softly. "Ten." His panting soon stops, and he looks at me. I then dropped my fingers and I wrapped my arms around him, he did the same. I fit perfectly under his chin, as we pressed our bodies together.

We then slowly move to the ground and embrace against the wall. "What the hell is happening to me?" Stiles asked I close my eye for a second.

"We'll figure it out. You're going to be okay," I assured him. He pulled me tighter to him, not sure how that was possible. I'm practically sitting on Stiles.

"Am I?" Stiles whispered. "Are you? Is Scott? Scott can't transform. Allison's being haunted by her dead aunt and I'm trying to figure out this whole banshee thing going on with you. And I'm straight up losing my mind. We can't do this... we can't... we can't help Malia, we can't help anyone."

"Okay, A. You, Mr. Stilinski, is not putting my banshee problems on your shoulders like that, okay? Ya hear me? That's not your problem anymore. And B, we can try. We can always try, you know that." I told him, and he looked down at me.

I connect my lips together with his, the soft and tender kiss is back. The bell was what broke the kiss, and I chuckle. "Stupid bell, I'm going to break that thing one day, I swear." Stiles grumbles, making me smile. I felt a kiss placed on my cheek, I then stand up, and I help Stiles up.

"Thank you, Stacey, and when I say this, I might actually go even crazier if I didn't have you here, with me."

"Aw, I love you." I cooed, as he wrapped his arms around me tightly. He shifted back a little.

"Are you still wearing my jacket?" Stiles mumbled, my cheeks redden.

"Um, maybe, do you want it back?"

"No, you keep it. It suits you better," I roll my eyes.

"You know, Stilinski, your gonna end up with an empty closet at this rate," I told him brutally honest, as we walk out of the boys' locker.

"So you like wearing my clothes?"

"Speaking of clothes; you suit white t-shirts, it makes you look hotter than usual," I giggle, hopelessly in love.

"Good to know, good to know." Stiles chuckled. "And you say I'm a softy,"

I scoff. "I did not. But hey, at least your admitting that you're a softy,"

"I'm only soft when it comes to you, get it right, Stacey," Stiles informs me, making me smile. "I just hope that enemies won't use you against me."

"Oh, darlin', I'll be only one using you and against me," I chuckle, his eyes widen at the dirty joke I just made, and I smirked, pulling him along to the hallways. 

"A couple of students said they saw it running across the field and back into the woods." Sheriff explained as we walked down the hallways, (me, Stiles, and Sheriff) in school, walking by animal control. Malia aka Coyote almost attacked Kira, the new girl, but Scott saved her thankfully. "Thank God, nobody got hurt."

"What happens if she does hurt someone?" I murmur to them as we pass students.

"Most likely they'll have to put it down." Sheriff informed us. No, they can't do that, there's a girl inside there. Not that they no that.

"Put her down?" Stiles asked. "Dad, try not to forget there's a girl in there, one that you'll be killing. Come on, you aren't going back to not believing, are you?"

The sheriff turned to us. "You know what? I believe there are a lot of things I don't understand yet. But that doesn't mean that everything and anything imaginable is suddenly possible. Now, are you two 100% this is a girl and not an animal?"

"Yes." Stiles said and I nodded. "Because Stacey and Scott are sure." I turn my head, feeling someone stare at me, and for sure there was Scott right now, down the hallway, staring at us. Stiles sighed. "Scott, you been listening?" I looked and saw that Scott nodded his head.

"All right, let's get this figured out. Come on."

I turn on my heel and I give Scott a wave, he nodded, Stiles had waited as his dad had walked off. He stretched out his arm, and I wrapped mine around it, as we walked off together.