TWENTY-FOUR

TWENTY-FOUR 

"Hey, Stacey, look over here..." My gaze walked over to where Stiles was, there was a gaze. Or a den. I frown and I follow him, quickly. The cave was deep, or, den. "It's coyote den, don't you think?"

"I think... you should go and find Scott, tell him we found this." I said, as I enter the cave, it grew colder by the minute. I wrap my arms around myself, my eyes adjusting to the dark. I bite on my lower lip, and I felt Stiles grab my hand and I looked down, before looking at him. We duck under the lower rock, bending slightly, I could fit in here. I then walk over, spying a blue puffa jacket. "This has to be Malia's."

Stiles followed me, nodding and takes my hand. "Your cold." Stiles stated I wasn't going to deny it because it was freezing. He then took off his red jacket, and he wrapped it around me and I frown, I open my mouth to protest, but he shushed me. "Ah, ah, ah. I want you to have it, Stace."

I slip my arms in the red sleeves, I feel heated already. I smiled at the gesture and squeezed his hand. "Thank you. Now, go find Scott." I let go of his hand and zipped up the red jacket, closing my eyes briefly, this smells like Stiles.

"I don't want to leave you alone, what if-"

"No, if's or but's," I told him sternly. "Find him, I'll be safe and I'll have my phone on if I need anything or if anything happens." Stiles made a little groan noise, and he had this facial expression wondering what he'll do.

"Hm..." Stiles frowns. He then grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to him, and smiled. "Be safe, as much as I hate this." I chuckle and nodded, he gave a short, sweet, tender kiss on my lips which made me smile. "I love you."

"I love you, too. Now, go, go!" I push him slightly, making him stumble backward in surprise and he let out a short laugh. He then turned around and slowly jogs out, and I turned around. I grunt slightly, and it echoes. I let out a laugh, that echoes too.

I drop the small jacket, and I studied it.

It's been, one, maybe two minutes since Stiles' left. To say that I was slightly creeped out was an understatement. I'm way more than slightly creeped out, I was paranoid. I blew out some air, rubbing my arms against Stiles' jet jacket.

Why didn't I just go with Stiles? Oh, why did I have to think of that now? Stupid. Stupid. I huff again in annoyance. I pressed my lips together, being in a cave/den in cold. I lick my cold lips, sighing.

My head snapped at the sound of sticks snapping, making my heart qu8icken by the second. I'm sure that wasn't me that was hearing things. What the holy hell was that?

I swear to go if that was Peter Hale I'm gonna get that twig, wrap it around in wolfsbane, and shoved in his heart so I can make sure he stays dead.

I bite on my lower lip nervously, and I start to fiddle with Stiles' bracelet. You know, the one he gave me. I exhale deeply and slowly turn my body around. I pressed my lips tightly together, then I let go. My lips fall into place. My brown eyes widening as I heard leaves crunching together, with twigs.

Oh god.

I'm gonna die.

I'm so gonna die, why does God want me to die so badly? First, I almost get strangled by death garrot, then, by an arrow from my best friend, now, this? I let out a shaky sigh and took a step forward, my fist clenched. I'm ready. What Allison's taught me over the break, I'm ready to pull off my fighting skills.

I suck in a breath and I exit the den, and I stopped, more light enters my vision. I look around, my head turning. I brush my hair out of my face and turned my body. "Hello?" I call out, my frown deepening. "Um-"

"Boo!" I let out a bloody murdering scream, jumping in the process. But, I stumbled back, too and end up falling and I grunt, wincing in minor pain. I hear someone chuckling, and my vision clears, seeing Scott laughing and Stiles concern.

"Stacey, are you okay?" Stiles had rushed to my side and I let out a sigh. Boys will be boys. He slowly helped me up and sent a glare over at Scott's way.

"What? I'm her brother, it's my job!" Scott grins. Stiles had brushed the leaves off my back, and kept me to his side, wrapping an arm around my waste.

"Your so funny, Scott, you should go on America's Got Talent." I sarcastically reply, hearing Stiles' chuckle at my comment. I roll my eyes.

"Party pooper,"

"Annoying twat,"

"Okay," Stiles cuts us off before we could go any further with this conversations. "Come on, the den's this way," Stiles pulled me along, and Scott follows. We duck our heads and entered the den thing. "It's a coyote den."

"Werecoyote," Scott said.

"Oh, come on." I groan. "What next, flying pigs?" 

"See this? This is Malia's." Stiles bends downs and looked at the jacket, holding it in his hand with one torch in the other. "Remember, it's the one where she's wearing in the photo."

Scott then picks up a teddy bear, and I held my breath. My face dropping. Poor Malia. She won't like us being in here. "We shouldn't be in here." I whisper to them.

"What do you mean?" Stiles asked me, looking up at me.

"She's not going to come back now. We just invaded her home." Scott said, at least someone's on the same page as me. "Our scent's going to be everywhere."

"If she's not going to come back here, where's she gonna go?" Stiles asked, in his low voice.

"I don't know." Scott mumbled.

"Can you track her now? You think you got her scent?" Stiles questioned.

"Maybe."

"Great, lets go." I hiss.

"But I'm better at this when I'm a full wolf." Scott added and I let out a sigh. "And I'm worried that if I do it, I won't be able to turn back."

Stiles sighed. "The door's still open."

"If I can't get to Derek, we're gonna have find someone else for help," oh, yeah, Derek left us. With Cora. Out of Beacon Hills, for good. "This is basically a crime scene, right? I think it might be a little out of my boss's league."

"And more in my dad's." Stiles muttered.

I let go of a breath as Sheriff had comes walking over to us, me, Stiles, and Scott stand a few feet away from Malia's home, with the police around. There were cars here. I lean on Stiles for comfort, he had his arms wrapped around me.

"You sure it was her?" Stilinski asked us, approaching us.

"I looked at her right in the eyes." Scott explained. "And they glowed just like mine."

"It makes sense, dad." Stiles added, I nodded.

"But it wasn't the girl. It was the four-legged coyote, right?" Sheriff said.

"Well, okay. But yeah, see, that's the point that we don't exactly have figured out yet." Stiles said.

"Okay, but if it was a full moon and she did change while her mum was driving, then anything could've happened," Scott tells us.

"Horrible things could've happened," Stiles added. "Ripping, shredding, tearing things."

"Thanks for the visual image, babe," I mutter, and Stiles only puts his chin on my head.

"Which is probably what caused the accident," Scott concludes.

"Think about it, dad, all right? They're driving, Malia starts to change, she goes out of control, the mum crashes and everybody dies..." Stiles trailed off.

"Expect for Malia," I add.

"She blames herself, right, goes off running into the woods and eventually becomes trapped inside the body of a coyote." Stiles sounded hot when he figures stuff out like this. Which made me smile.

"That makes sense." Sheriff nodded. Stiles sighed, and I held up a hand and Stiles smacked it with his own making me giggle. I drop my hand, and his hand connects with mine.

"Killed it, babe," I complimented.

"What about me?" Scott asked, a little offended.

"Yeah, you too."

"In a Chinese folktale." Sheriff hissed, my face dropped. "Boys, and Stacey... this is... this is insane. I need this kept quiet. The three of you, not a word. I don't want anyone hearing about this, I especially don't want Mr. Tate hearing about this,"

I looked over and saw my brother starring off into space. I pull on his sleeve. "Scott?" I frown. "Scott!" I whisper.

He blinked. "Sorry," he turned his head our way. "What did you say?"

"Oh, hell." Sheriff mutters, and I looked over seeing a car pulled up. And for sure, it was my own dad walking his way over. I wanted to scream. Anger boils up in me. Oh, what makes matters worse, Mr. Tate was there, too. "Mr. Tate." Sheriff greeted and I glare at my father.

Mr. Tate walked over to Stilinski and takes the piece of clothing gently from him. "Mr. Tate?" Rafael questioned.

"It's her's." Mr. Tate weakly said. I squeeze my boyfriend's hand for comfort. He soon rubbed his thumb in the palm of my hand, making me calm.

"All right, wait here." Rafael said.

"Dad." Scott moves in front of Rafael.

"I'll talk to you in a minute," Rafael said harshly. "I wouldn't mind hearing how your mum's okay with you and your sister running around in the woods this late."

"As if you care." I spit at him, glaring. He walked past me, ignoring me.