8: COFFEE DATE.

Abuja, Nigeria
11:15am.

What should she say? She kept chanting in her mind as if the answer will pop out from no where. She end up with the answer she knows even her sister will give her the same answer.

So she said it, "Yes. I'll love to," she smiled widely, literally bouncing up and down.

"Thanks," he smiled back cos her reaction and smile is contagious.

"Anytime," she smiled. They talked and cracked jokes for a while before the bell rang, signaling the end of their lunch and their little chit chat.

"Okay, I'll be on my way. I'll pick you up at 5?" he asked not sure when she'll be ready.

"Sure, see ya!" she bounced back into the school building with a quick wave.

"Today's so boring wallah," Afnaan whined when they were standing out side the school building, after school, waiting for Mallam Audu.

Afnaan always wait for Mallam Audu to come so that he'll pick Mehr before she leaves. "I can't leave my best friend alone, it's so bad of me." Afnaan's words.

Mallam Audu showed up a little after their argument that always happen more than someone can count- in a day.

"Good Afternoon, Mallam Audu," Afnaan greeted, walking Mehr to the car as if they are not the ones that just finish fighting.

"Afternoon, Afnanu," he replied, laughing when she pouted because of the name he just called her.

"Ugh, Mallam Audu, Bye." she waved before walking to her Range Rover and zoomed off.

"Didi, you're not helping." she pouted, looking at her elder sister who's not willing to help her choose an outfit for her coffee date.

"Whatchu saying?" she raised up her face from the phone she's using not even paying attention to whatever Mehr is saying.

"An outfit!" she yelled from the walk in closet where she have more than ten outfits on the floor- scattered, not knowing which one to wear.

"Jallabiya will be okay." Kydah yelled back at her sister before yawing her gaze back to her phone.

"Alright then," Mehr mumbled before standing up and moseyed to where the jallabiyas are lined up- in the walk in closet.

She picked up a black one that has golden designed embroidery and a matching veil. She walk back into the room to the bathroom to take a quick shower coz she only have an hour before he's here.

She like him but she couldn't pin point whether it's as a friend or more than that. It's complicating cos she just broke up with her ex- Khaliq, even though she doesn't love him when they were dating.

She walked out of the ensuite, pushing away the thought from her head and straight to the walk in closet to wear the outfit she brought out earlier.

She walked out of the room, dressed in the black Jallabiya and the black matching veil- draped perfectly.

"Ma shaa Allah," Didi whispered looking at her sister who was trying to put on the black- Versace flats, "You look ravishing, lil sis." she complimented her sister.

"Aww Thanks, Didi," she gushed smiling widely. Didi hardly compliments someone and when she does, it's really from her heart.

"Wait, lemme just make you have more followers on instagram and friends on snapchat," Didi teased cos she knows she have more followers and friends than her.

"Yeah, whatever." Mehr mumbled but nevertheless, posed for the pictures.

She walked down the stairs when Didi finished taking her the endless pictures. She brought out her phone from her bag and stand close to the mirror that's just a little below the stairs on the wall. She snapped some pictures before walking fully into the living room and kissed Maa's cheeks before bidding her adieu.

Xxxxx

Xxxxx

Mashkur was never nervous to do something in his life, especially to a girl. He's never intimated by anything, but he knows there's something special about Mehr.

She's just too good and perfect to be true. From the time they've spent together- rarely two weeks, she knows what he feels just by his voice. How? He doesn't know, he always ask himself that question but got no answer every time.

He has already talked to Muhsin- her elder brother, about her. Muhsin knows that Mashkur isn't the one to play with someone's heart- all their friends actually, so he gave him his full agreement and go ahead.

He drove to her house silently, only the Arabian song Kun antaa that was playing, faintly from the radio.

He arrived at her house, five minutes before 5:00pm. He anxiously waited outside hoping she'd come out before he call her cos he's nervous as hell. Chill out, his subconscious whispered.

He brought out his iPhone X to call her but just then, the front door opened. She majestically walk down the stairs that leads to the front door.

Ya Allah! She's so beautiful.

He opened the car door and step out, he leaned over on the passenger door with his arms crossed on his chest, making his muscles to flex.

She checked him out- he's wearing a navy blue buttonup shirt- with two first buttons undone and a denim jeans. Ma shaa Allah! She thought.

He smirked when he caught her checking him out which makes her blush when she finally reached where he's standing.

"Hello, gorgeous," he greeted with a genuine smile and eyes, glinting with mischievous and another emotion she could not fathom.

"Hi, handsome." she flirted back, smiling shyly.

"You look beautiful," he complimented, he just doesn't know what to say, she's more than beautiful.

"Thanks. You don't look bad either," she said with a wink making him laugh. God! This girl is something else! He thought.

"Shall we?" he asked when he sobered- gesturing to the car.

"We shall." she answered making her dimples to wink out when she smiled.

He opened the door and waited for her to equipoise on the seat before closing the door and jogging to his side.

The car ride was anything but silence. They sing together, an Arabian song- Neemat'ullah. She teased him mostly but he also teased her back. And anytime he tease her, her face will heat up.

__________________________
So who's ready? Me
Keep on reading and motivating me, we'll find out what happen on the- coffee date.
Will it be sweet? 👫Romantic? 💏Or BORING? 😱 Dramatic? 😅
well, we'll find out soon.

Fi Amanillah!

Bye!

Aeeshatou🌚