Chapter 25

All this time, Chaeyoung thought that it's Lisa and Jungkook getting back together. She didn't see Jieun getting in the picture again. It was really out of the blue. But whoever he ended dating should not bother her anymore. She's about leave!

But when Jungkook told her that Jieun and him are not really together. She was confused. Why would he tell her something that is not true? It seems like he still wanted her to be away from him. Like what he did before. But she already started to think that she is a friend to him atleast. But she guess she's not?

She felt pain in her heart. It was making her hard to breathe.

But why would he asked her if she can stay? Is he really considering to accept her?

All the consequenses is hitting her just now. She didn't think of it before. She just wanted to be happy. She just wanted to be with him. She forgot that one very important detail on why she is doing all of those in the first place. She has a deadline.

A Deadline.

She so was busy getting Jungkook's heart she forgot to think about possible consequenses.

She always wished Jungkook to fall for her before. But now that he does, she's wishing it not to be true.

He can't be fall for her. She can't stay with him. She's gonna leave him eventually. And thinking how much pain she can cause Jungkook pains her even more.

--

"Jungkook," Jieun softly called his name. He was in his usual spot in the University field where he always take his rest. "You might wanna see Chaeyoung."

Jungkook furrowed his brows and  slowly lift her head to see Jieun. He felt something heavy in his chest as he closed his eyes. He can feel his heart breaking. Like it's not already broken before. "What do you mean?" he asked tho he already had a hunch of what's happening.

She can't stay.

"Just go their to their house." Jieun sit next to him and tilt her body sideways to talk to him face to face. "I mean now, Kook. Right now."

His head trying to understand what Jieun is telling him. He already knows that she can't stay. He already knows she's gonna leave. But why now? Isn't it too early? Isn't it too sudden?

He felt his knees weaken. Why is she too cruel? Is she really leaving him without an explanation? He deserve it! She should explain atleast right?

Jungkook didn't realize the tears already falling from his eyes. Not until Jieun tapped his shoulders to get his attention. He agressively wipe his tears away with the back of his hand after gaining back his senses.

He run so fast not minding the students that's already watching him crying while running. He immediately start the car's engine and drove fast to Chaeyoung.

When Jungkook reached the Park's house, he saw Chaeyoung putting some boxes at the back of a car. He can feel his energy leaving his body every second because of his aching heart.

He heaved a heavy sigh before slowly taking steps towards the gate of the Park's house. It was like the same gate they have so he can see everything inside clearly.

He holds on the gate rails with his one hand to support his body. "Chaeyoung," he weakly called her.

Chaeyoung was about to enter the house when she heard someone calling her. Her heart recognize the voice. Every bits of it. Tears started to blurred out her vision. She tighten the grip on the door knob fighting with herself not to look back. But then, he called again.

"Chaeyoung please. Let's talk."

She look up to the sky to prevent her tears from falling. And slowly, turn to Jungkook."

Chaeyoung takes heavy steps towards Jungkook. As she open the gate, Jungkook cage her in his arms immediately.

"You're so cruel Chaeyoung. You're too cruel." Jungkook mumbled in his cries. His head resting on Chaeyoung's shoulders.

Chaeyoung didn't hugged Jungkook back. She felt that when she do so, she will not able to free him again. She might wanna stay. And that would be too selfish of her. Maybe she can stay, but not that long. And she don't want to give Jungkook false hopes.

"I'm sorry." are the only words that was able to come from her mouth. Jungkook's hugged just tighten because of this.

"I won't ask you if you can stay this time." he barely said with all the sobbing. "I don't know why you can't. Or just tell me why atleast. But Chaeyoung please, just promise me to comeback."

Jungkook release Chaeyoung from his arms and cupped her face instead. "Just comeback, Chaeyoung. I'll wait for you, like how you waited for me to heal." Jungkook wipe her tears with his thumbs gently. "Please tell me, you'll comeback right? For me?"

Chaeyoung let out loud sobs and let herself like a little kid. She started to shake her head. She wanted to hold Jungkook. She wanted to wipe his tears away. She wanted to stay. She wanted to assure him that she'll back but even she is not sure if she can.

"I'm sorry." she whispered to him as Jungkook put his forehead to hers. "Please don't wait for me."

Jungkook closed his eyes trying to fight the pain. It's just too much for him. "No." he rejected her request. He made her look him in the eyes. "I don't know your reason, but I'll wait for you. If you can, I also can. Just take your time and do what you need to do. I'll be always be right here."

Chaeyoung just continuously shake her head as she try to break free from Jungkook's hug.

Jungkook was left outside the house with his head looking down. His world that's just started to get life again, collapse just like that. Without understanding anything.

His body lost all of his energy. He entered his car but just sit there and rest his head on the steering wheel. And with position like that, he didn't noticed the Park's car that already leave.

--

Jisoo holds Chaeyoung in her arms trying to calm her. Her crying doesn't seem to stop any second. "I'm sorry, Unnie."

Jisoo brushed her hair gently and lean her head to the crying lady. "It's not your fault, Chae. It's no one's fault. Everything will be alright. Just believe."