Chapter 26

The sound of water droplets from the rain that hits the window fills up Chaeyoung's hospital room. It somehow makes her calm and at peace. She put up a little smile as she watched the swaying trees outside because of the wind.

She wonders when she can play in the rain again.

"You're awake?" someone suddenly speaks so she turn her head to the direction of the voice.

She pressed her lips in a tin line and made little nods as an answer. "What do you have there Unnie?" she asked her older cousin when she noticed her going through the shopping bags she brought.

"I bought you something!" Jisoo cheerfully said as she fish out a baby pink beanie in one of her paperbags.

"Just my favorite color! Thank you so much!" she was so excited. She removed the beanie she currently wearing and put on the new one Jisoo gave to her.

"Wait. Let me help you." Jisoo adjust the beanie in her head.

"Do I look pretty Unnie? I know baby pink really suits me. Right?!"

Jisoo chuckled a little. "Any colors suits you sweety. Don't worry."

"I know right!" Chaeyoung remarked putting her imaginary hair at the back of her shoulders.

"Alright. Let me just get something to eat."

When Jisoo left the room, Chaeyoung was again left alone. Her Mom just got home today and she'll be back the next morning.

She slowly reached for the mirror in her bedside table. She was a little afraid but check her reflection nonetheless. She looks paler than ever. Visible dark marks on the side of her eyes. And her chubby cheeks now shrinked. Her long shiny hair can no longer be found.

--

The next day was already sunny and Chaeyoung asked Jisoo if they can go out to get some fresh air. Jisoo helped her seat in a wheelchair and push it towards the hospital's exit.

The hospital that she's in has a large garden at the back of the building. She would always ask Jisoo to bring her there to watch the flowers bloom. She loves flowers so much.

Not so far away from their location, she saw a couple that she always ran into. She give them a smile as bright as the sun.

They we're a lovely couple. Other patients that stayed in the hospital longer than her says that ever since the guy was confined there, the girl never leave his side. Isn't it amazing? She look at them in awe and felt a little bad for being envy of their situation.

And a lot of what ifs cross her mind.

--

"Unnie, do you think Jungkook will still accept me when he knows I'm sick?"

Jisoo just stared at the younger girl finding the right words to say.

"Nevermind. It's just slip through my mind."

It has been months since they went abroad and it's the first time she brought up Jungkook.

"You will never know when you don't do it."

"Yeah. I will never know 'cause I won't do it."

"You missed him?"

"I'd be lying if I say no. And you have no idea, Unnie. Missing him is much painful from this treatment."

"You want me to check up on him?" Jisoo carefully asked.

"No!" Chaeyoung almost shouted her answer. Jisoo was startled so was herself with her reaction. "Please no."

She's afraid of what update she might get. She don't wanna hear him going on with his life just fine without her. She wanted him to. But she don't think she can handle any news about that anytime soon.

Jisoo nodded at her. "As you wish."

"I wanted to rest now, Unnie."

"Okay. I'll be just right here, alright?"

"Thank you!"

--

Jisoo is fidgeting her fingers. It's been months already and she still haven't decided to have a talk with Jungkook. She already wanted to talked to him even before they leave but contemplating wether it will be good or bad for Chaeyoung is giving her a hard time.

But minutes after, she just found herself dialing Jungkook's number and now waiting someone to pick up the other line.

She knows Chaeyoung doesn't want Jungkook to know about her condition. And she also knows what the two feels for each other. Chaeyoung took a long time to make Jungkook fall for her. And when he did, he already did his part on telling her how she felt about her. Not the exact words she wanted him to tell Chaeyoung but still, it's a form of validation that he likes her. Now, it should be Chaeyoung's time to do so. She knows actions speaks louder than words but no one can argue on how good 'I love you's' sounds slipping through the lips of someone you love. The magic it can give your life is unimaginable.

--

"Ughhh!" A loud groan echo through Chaeyoung's room. She was on her knees while holding her head that is pointing on the other side of the bed. Her elbows on both sides of her head for support. Her tears contiously flowing like a river.

The pain won't stop. It just won't stop.

Just in time, the doctor and two nurses came in her room and check on her. They gave her pain killers. She blow heavy breaths as instructed.

Jisoo closed her mouth and cover it with a hand. She can hear Chaeyoung's pain and she can't do anything about it. All she can do is cry in the corner watching her curled up in pain and she hates it. When all of this will stop? Chaeyoung deserves  a normal life. She wanted her to have a normal life. If only she could share her pain with her just to ease the pain even a little.

She went out of the room

"Noona." she heard someone called her.

She looked at her back and saw Jungkook standing infront of her. He slowly walks towards her looking so confused.

"Where is she? Everything's fine right?"

"Ahhhhhhh!"

Another shout of pain was heard. Jungkook turn to where the sound came from and peek from the door.

And it's like everything that was left in his world falls down.