Chapter 29

"Dude where are you?" It was Taehyung. He was fuming mad. "You are in a middle of Internship where the hell are you?"

Jungkook land a palm on his head. He forgot about that!

"Oh right. I'm sorry." Jungkook and Taehyung ended up having internship in the same company.

"Oh right Jeon, get your ass back here asap! Or else I'm gonna kill you."

"Okay dude calm down. You missed me so bad, huh? I'll be back soon."

"I don't trust that soon Jeon! If the team leader didn't see you on Monday he's gonna blow it on me again. Why do I have to be with you ugh!"

Jungkook and Taehyung are the only schoolmates doing an Intership in the Company. So he have nothing to do about it. He's the only contact they have for Jeon. He can't believe he really followed Jungkook here. If it wasn't for Chaeyoung he wouldn't do something stupid like this.

-

"Flowers for Ms. Chaeyoung," the nurse happily handed  her the flowers from the same sender. Jungkook still don't want to admit that it's from him but she has a feeling that it was him.

"Thank you." she scanned the beautiful flowers and look for the card that came with it.

"Until we meet again."

Chaeyoung tilt her head as she try to think of who it might be again. If it wasn't Jungkook then who is it? The clues always lead to Jungkook but he's still denying it.

They already met.

But if it's him meaning he already knew about his condition  and she don't want that. So she settle into thinking that it might be someone else.

-

After that one call, Jungkook and Chaeyoung continue to talk to teach other every night. The only time they will skip communicating is when Chaeyoung has a schedule treatment for that night. Chaeyoung always try her best to look for the best excuse not knowing about how he already knows about her real reason. Jungkook will always accept her excuse and that made her happy.

Jisoo always made sure to tell Jungkook every little progress Chaeyoung shows. He want him to be at ease even he's away from Chaeyoung.

That call made a huge difference. She's so much brighter now. So much better than before. Like she's already healed.

Her operation is getting nearer and so is his board exam. Jisoo is contemplating wether she should tell Jungkook about it or not. If she do, for sure he will insist on going back to where Chaeyoung is and may result him in not taking his exam. So she decided not to.

Tho she knows how Chaeyoung is the source of motivation to study and review for Jungkook, she told him to stop calling her for a moment. It was for the both of them. Jungkook needs to focus on his exam and she don't want to slip her tongue regarding the operation.

-

"You want me to tell him to come here?"

Jisoo noticed the frown on her younger cousin.

Chaeyoung pouted. "No."

"Why are you sulking then?"

"I-I just missed him."

"Then hurry up and get healed. Who knows? He might just be waiting for you."

"Should I tell him? What if I don't make it--"

"You'll make it Chae! And don't worry--" he already knows about it. "I can feel that he's still waiting for you."

"That's what I wanted but I'll understand if he won't."

"He will. He said he will. You don't believe in him?"

"I-I do-don't know."

"Do you believe in yourself?"

Chaeyoung looked up to her cousin confused. But she give her little nods eventually. "I guess?"

-

The exam finally ended and Jungkook felt a lot of loads was lifted from his shoulder. The first thing he did right after the exam is go home.

He wanted to go home immediately to call Chaeyoung and tell her how much he missed her. He can finally call her again! After the start of the review sessions for the board exam, he was told to stop calling Chaeyoung to stay focus on his review.  And he think it really worked. Chaeyoung can be a little distraction to him. If he was allowed he may end up just talking to her and forget about the upcoming exam. He may not hear Chaeyoung's voice but knowing she's doing great is already fine for him.

He plop on the bed as soon as he entered his room, put out his phone and dialed Chaeyoung's number. But after a lot of attempts, he was always greeted with a voice mail.

Uneasiness started to creep up his system. He doesn't feel good about it. Why is her phone off?

After a few more attempts, he decided to dial another number, Jisoo.

"Noona, why Chaeyoung is not answering my calls?"  he asked right away to other line but he lowered his voice in almost a whisper when he noticed the cries on the other line. "What is happening? Are you crying, Noona?"

"Jungkook?"  Jisoo gasped on the other line. She didn't look who the caller is and just answer it. It's too late to put it down now.

"Is everything fine? Where is she?"

"She's... she's in the operating room now."

"What?!" his eyes widen in shock." Why I didn't know about this?"

"Everything will be alright Jungk--"

"Why you didn't tell me about this Noona?!"

"I want to see her. I need to be there! I'll go there."

"Jungkook, no!" Jisoo massage her templates. "Even if you go here now, you'll not make it. The operation is about to end. Just a few more hours... and after that... everything will finally be alright."

The other line went silent.

"Jungkook do you understand?"

"I want to see her." he started to cry.

"Jungkook!" Jisoo called his name again in a warning tone. "Listen to me... we just need to wait now. Everything's gonna be fine."

"I-I want to see her."

He lose the grip on his phone and let it drop on the floor. He is already standing beside his bed and he slowly sits down on the floor.

He put his head above his folded knees.

Chaeyoung please...

He's not at ease. Tho he knows her family is there and will not leave her, he still wanted to be there. At her side supporting her. Why they didn't tell him?

What if... what if...

He grabs his own hair and pulled it.

No... please Chaeyoung you need to make it! You have to!

His heart is beating like crazy. He is nervous and scared at the same time. And not to mention that he is away from her. So far away that he don't know what's gonna happen to him if he didn't see her now. He wanted to ran to her. To cage her in his arms. To tell her that he's always be there. To tell her that... he loves her.

He knows he have already shown her his love to her in any way he can, but... he still hasn't told her that three words. He wanted to tell her that. And how much he do.

She needs to hear him saying that. He needs to to hear her saying that.

Can he?

-

Surprise, surprise! Last Chapter next! 😭😅

So I decided not to drag the story any further. Sorry there's not much happen in here and it takes me too much time to update 😅

Anyway to those who are still waiting, this is it! It's finally coming to an end! 😊