03 • The big bang

Kaito's slippers tapped against the pearly white ground quietly as he made his way to the detective. Kaito locked an arm around the detectives neck, before hugging him somewhat like that.

"Saihara my sidekick! I knew you would return!"

Kaitos grin spread across his face as he let go of the embarrassed detective, shifting back with a wide grin spread across his face. His hands remained on the detectives shoulders, his purple eyes gleaming excitedly. Kyoko glanced towards the two, her eyes squinting somewhat as she tried to figure out the bond between the two.

"Side kick..?"

She scoffed, her tone filling up with amusement. Kaito dragged Shuichi back to him, using him as a leaning post despite his protests.

"Yah! Me and Shuichi here go way back. We use to train together in school! Not like it did much!"

Kaito giggled, before poking Shuichi in the side of his stomach to prove his point. The sudden poke caused Shuichi to jolt forward with a slightly distressed sound.

"K-Kaito! Don't do that! You know that's my tickle spot!"

Shuichi shifted away, a dark dust of red upon his face. Kaito gave out a nervous chuckle, rubbing the back of his head awkwardly.

"Sorry, bro. Maki roll usually hits me when I try. I couldn't resist!"

Kaito explained with a chuckle erupting at the end of his sentence. Kyoko puffed out an annoyed sigh, her arms shifting across her chest as she shifted her weight to her other foot.

"If you guys are done reuniting, we have to prepare for the leaders attack. They could arrive at any second. Hell, they could already be here!"

Kyoko's firm voice cut through the room, jolting Shuichi upright and confusing Kaito. Kaito shifted a glance towards the two, tilting his head to the side.

"Wait, now that I think about it, Why are you-"

Kaito's sentence was cut off by the thundering sound that seemed to run through the room. A loud bang, like lighting. But- it wasn't storming. It wasn't even a cloudy day. That could have only meant one thing.

The opponent had made his move.

_-_Break_-_
×??? P.O.V×

"Quick! Quick! Scam Scam hurry!"

The leader yelled, and they obeyed. The masked men grab ed the black bags as they stood up, bits of money flying around. The shuffling feet shifted through the hallways as the leader bolted forward, taking the lead. He slammed open the backdoors, before beginning to yell at everyone to get out and run. It wasn't until the last couple he saw the male detective twist around the corner, his well hidden eyes flickering with much emotion. A smile spread under the leaders mask as the detective stiffened, his eyes freezing on him. Shuichi began to bolt down the hallway, as the last two people exited. Kokichi stifled a laugh from his mouth.

''You can't stop me, Mr.Detective~"

The childlish voice whispered in his head as he turned to run. But, to his surprise the detective was close- too close for comfort. He already felt the detectives grasp around his cape as his feet began to slip up from the force opposing him. Perhaps a litter harder then the detective thought, he was yanked to the ground. His head hit the ground in a rather ear splitting crack, mists of marble and dust filling the air from the explosion. It still wasn't settling down. Shuichi's grasp loosed on the leaders cape, his eyes widening in shock as if he just killed him. The leader clutched his head as he groaned, his teeth clutching together from the pain pounding his head in. The pain seemed to be crushing his brain into nothing but a plump.