018 • Demur

×Surprise! I'm not dead. Just busy. Enjoy this short update. Nothing much happens, sorry. Just you wait until next chapter.×

Shuichi had wished he was dreaming. The leaders words seemed to be true. It didn't seem like he was lying, but he could be wrong. Again. Shuichi shifted up from the bed, his eyes squinting as he noticed the blinding white light coming from the window, only to realise it was the sun's bright beams. Great.

Lifting up his hand, he glanced towards the rather flat but wide present that was placed under this hand last night. He frowned, remembering the liars words.

''Saihara~Chan wouldn't care, right? He wouldn't care if I just.. Disappeared, right? Just like dinosaurs. I'd be out of his hair. Like.. Lice. Or an annoying family of rats running through his house!''

Why was he leaving? Shuichi shook his head, his glance shifting around the present covered room, taking note of the new balloon next to the birthday balloon. That definately wasn't there before. Was that.. Also Kokichi? Shuichi picked up the flat gift on his hand, before sliding his finger against the neatly wrapped present, before taking off the tape that bounded it together. Ripping it off, a folded note had fallen out.

''...Oh!''

Shuichi glanced towards the paper, before shifting the note into his lap, further investigating it. He pulled out the black hat, the metal star on the side winking in the light as he ran his hand against the battered surface, keeping it flattened down.
His hat.
Shuichi replaced the letter with the hat, unfolding the paper in his hands, delicately. Words in ink boldly stood put in cursive writing, rather fancy. And yet.. Short.

My Beloved Detective

I'm truly, really really sorry about what happened. So, I've taken it upon myself to restore my honour, and spill my guts out of my pavement outside!

Your's truly, Kokichi.

What?
Shuichi stared down at the letter, before glancing towards the window.
He wasn't serious, right?
Shuichi shifted somewhat, glancing down towards his arms to notice the tubes were gone. He shifted of off the bed, pressing his bare feet against the cold ground, a soft shudder going up the males spine. Supporting himself with the wall, he moved around until he reached the window, peering out.
There was nothing but pedestrians walking the street, and wheelchairs wheeling across.
A slight look of annoyance crossed Shuichis face as he shifted his bandaged hands somewhat, his body stiffening as his hand brushed over something on the window. Glancing down, he noticed the price of paper stuck to the side of the window. Pulling it from the wood, the tape gave out a low groan as it was tugged away gently, as he unfolded the squared paper once again. The same, cursive writing stuck itself to the paper.

My Beloved Detective

Wowie, you a̶c̶t̶u̶a̶l̶i̶t̶
A̶c̶t̶u̶a̶l̶i̶ A̶c̶t̶t̶u̶a̶l̶l̶e̶y̶ A̶c̶it̶u̶a̶l̶l̶
Actually came and looked! You must really care~ or you're disappointed to see me not dead. Oh well.
Also, you still look better without your hat.

Your's truly, Kokichi.

Shuichi stared at the liars spelling mistakes, attempting to figure out if he did them on purpose or not. He was certain that the liar wasn't that bad at spelling. At the fourth crossed out 'Acituall,' there was a black stain of ink, which must meant that he left the pen on the paper while.. He asked for spelling help? Who knows. It was Kokichi after all.