04 • Motive

AN : Sorry for not posting. Family stuff came up.

Shuichi picked up a single piece of plastic, running his hand across the surface of the object. He glanced back at his hand, noticing the black marks on his fingers as soon as he touched it. Further on, that proves thnat it was used for the bombs explosion. Shuichi glanced towards Kirigiri as he spoke.

"What would their motive for money be? I feel like they aren't the type of people who would rob a bank then go on a shopping spree."

Shuichi stated, standing up as he continued to examine the scene. Kirigiri shifted away rocks that had been cascaded across the ground softly.

"Perhaps they have to pay something off. Like a debt."

She stated, crouching down as she brushed away some more rocks. Shuichi nodded softly- assuming that is possible. Kirigiri sent him the look- that told him to go talk to them instead of messing up what she wad doing. But, would the leader really go in debt? Shuichi placed his mind away, before standing up. Quietly in the corner, Maki had entered a while ago. A small cut on her cheek was the cause of Kaitos worried hushed tone. Shuichi adjusted the hat, before shifting towards the two.

"Maki? What happened?"

Shuichi hushed down his tone as Kirigiri was still investigating the scene. Maki pushed Kaitos sleeve away from her rosy red cheek, her ruby gaze fitted somewhere else.

"Kaito, stop. It's just a little cut."

Maki huffed, attempting to reason with the astronaut. Kaito shifted back, a frown fitted on his face.

"At least let me get you a bandaid, 'Kay, Maki~Roll?"

Kaito stated, and before she could already reply he had exited the room quickly. Maki gave out a halve annoyed puff, her hands sliding through her left brown pigtail. Shuichi glanced back to Maki, tempted to wipe the blood from her cheek. But- that was slightly creepy.

"Maki, what happen-"

"Shuichi. The person I fought caught me off guard. Not a lot of people are able to do that. He was skilled, he was good. He was able to get me onto the ground. He had skills unlike most human beings. Whatever this is- they aren't playing around, Shuichi. You better be careful."

Maki's voice was filled with both concern and slight anger as her red gaze darkened slightly. Shuichi shifted his glance away, before his mind sparked slightly.

"Did you see his face, Maki?"

Shuichi asked, a slight feeling of happiness battling his feeling of defeat and despair in his stomach. If she could give him a description of the male- he could track him back. But, when Maki shook her head the hopeful feeling instantly disappeared.

"But, he Around 179cm with the weight possibly being 62 kg. Around 16 to 18, possibly younger. He was quick and agile. Green hair with two ahoges."

Maki repeated what she had thought while studying him. You could find out a lot from someone by just studying their body, as noted. Shuichi watched Maki in awe, a smile softly spreading across his face.

"M-Maki, that's amazing! You're like- a detective."

Shuichi gushed softly. She wasn't a detective, but she was already much better then him. He was unreliable. He was pathetic. He could have stopped him right there, but he was stupid. He should have gave Chase instead of standing there like a deer caught in headlights.