Part 6: Theres A First For Everything

The next morning was so nerve racking. I made sure my hair and makeup were done really nice. While waiting for the elevator I cheerfully said bye to my aunt and uncle and they were happy to see how happy I was. The downward arrow lit up and I walked on the elevator. While playing 1010 on my phone I realized it stopped a little too early...again. As the doors opened on the twentieth floor and my heart stopped.
        Okay lets stop and talk for a minute. Honestly with what I am about to tell you is shocking. I know what your expecting, you are expecting him to walk on and kiss me right? Well with this kind of story you know there is no hope for that. If you don't I am sorry to get your hopes up and crush them all the time, I know how it feels. Once I tell you what happened I want you to think of what you would have done if you were me. Personally I think I handled it pretty well.
        When the doors opened there they were Steven and Ash making out right infront of me. When they realized the door opened they both looked at me and Steven whispered "oh god". The best part about the whole thing was that they really had the guts to get on the elevator with me. That was the longest most awkward ride of my life, it took all of me to not cry. The voices were right I shouldn't have trusted him.
        We got out of the elevator and of coarse there was a limo waiting for Ash and Steven out front. I felt his glare on me through the tinted windows when they passed me. None of it made sense to me it had only been a day since he had told me he ended things. School was a blur that day I couldn't really focus on anything. The only thing I knew was that it was time to forget about Steven and to start focusing on something else, and to channel my happiness from something or someone else. The day went pretty fast and I decided to stop at Starbucks on the way home.
        Doing this was a big deal to me at the time but now it doesn't really bother me I am too numb to care. Going to Starbucks was me and my moms thing. Whenever I needed to talk we would go there. Seeing it hurt and until now I couldn't get myself to go back. When leaving I saw Steven walking home...shocker. He was looking around, he was looking for me. When I crossed the street he caught sight of me and started to speed up. When I walked into the lobby someone stopped him to talk and I slipped into the elevator before he could and the best part was while the doors were shutting we made eye contact and I made this hurt face at him to make him feel as bad as he should feel.
        Once the doors fully shut I threw in my ear buds and blasted the song Heartless by Kanye West. The best part about being alone in the elevator for so long was that I could scream the whole song at the top of my lungs and no one would hear me. It was a really good way to get all of my emotions out. I didn't sleep good at all that night. The voices were mad at me and they started to get to me in my dreams. I woke up that morning with a scratched cheek and a busted lip. I was confused but I didn't have time to think about it I was running late to school so I just covered it with makeup and tried to forget about it.
        I got on the elevator and just like every other day I ignored him. Every time I look at him I feel dumb. He has made me look dumb twice now and I know what people say about it, my mom said it to me. Fool me one time shame on you, fool me twice can't put the blame on you. On the way out of the school Ash insisted I ride in her limo with her and she didn't take no for an answer. I knew something was wrong when she started being nice to me. She won and she knew it and now there is no need to be mean and that was why she gave me a ride home. From that day on she never bothered me.