Merciless

Running forwards Katniss is screaming for Peeta to wake up but he's out cold, unless he's dead and that would be most unfortunate right now. Shaking his body over and over again Finn leans down to help her.

'let me" he tells her but she pays no attention as him pinching Peetas nose sends her into a panic. Lunging herself at him he made no move to hurt her but i did. Wrapping may arm tightly around her throat i wrestled her to the ground as she gasped for breath. Wrapping my legs around her waist she continues to fight but her failed hits are becoming weaker by the second.

"JUST STOP!" I screamed as one of her hits actually connects with my nose and makes me let go as the blood runs down my face. Unable to get my bearings in time she was already poised with her arrow but had froze when she had realised what was actually going on. Finn was trying to save him. Sitting up i scowl at her as she lowers the weapon. Wiping the blood from my face i rested crossed arms on my knees fairly certain that she wasn't going to do anything rational again. Watching Finnick perform the same move that had been performed on my parents made me slightly queasy but it was the only way that his heart had a chance of restarting. For a moment i think that he is dead because its been a few minutes but on the last beat a cough erupts from Peeta's lungs and Finnick sits back in the dirt. Getting up i walked over to where Finnick was and helped him get up. Wrapping my arms around him a part of me was thankful for what he had done but the majority of me was just happy that it wasn't him that had hit that forcefield because if it had been we would have been screwed. I'd never brought someone back, not when their heart had stopped beating. If someone's lungs were filled with water it was different but bringing back the dead was something different.

"Careful. There's a force field up ahead" Peeta chokes out and causes us all to laugh though it was more in disbelief that he was making jokes when he had just been dead.

"You were dead! Your heart stopped beating!" Katniss screamed and hit him gently.

"well it seems to be working now. Its all right Katniss" he soothed

"So do you trust us now?" I asked pulling both of their attention towards me. "Or are we still burdens? I do believe that is the second time i've Had to help one of your lot. Bloody hell i'm going soft" i groaned loudly putting me head into my hands. Wrapping an arm around me Finnick pulled me away so Katniss and Peeta could have a moment.

"She hit in you in the face" he laughed. There must still be blood on my face. Rubbing around my nose viciously i needed it gone.

"Keep laughing Finnick. See where it gets you" i hissed but it was half-heartedly. Punching me lightly in the shoulder i glared at him but my eye caught the motion of something moving behind us and it sure as hell wasn't an animal. Sliding my knife out of my belt i gripped it tightly but somehow Finnick didn't notice and continued to talk. Throwing the knife past his head his eyes widened when he heard the thump of a body hitting the floor and a cannon going off. "I want my knife back" i said getting up like what i had done meant nothing. Walking towards where i'd Thrown my knife i had to step through a lot of bushes to get to the body. Looking down district 5's female with my knife firmly planted in her skull. Her eyes wide and crossed. "Ooopsies" gripping the end of my knife it took a few tugs before it came out dripping with blood. Shaking the drops of blood off i turned around to see Finnick ad Katniss standing there with mouths open. "What? That's one less person trying to kill us. You can thank me later" shoving the knife back in my belt neither of them moved. "Look. You both saw my games, you know what i'm Capable off so don't look so shocked. Its not like i threw it at you.....though believe me, the thought has crossed through my mind" walking past both of them we needed to get away if the hovercraft was going to take away the body. Walking back into the clearing Peeta was now propped up against a rock.