Chapter 28

School on Monday sucked. I only had to go to two classes a day, there were only two weeks left of junior year, and I didn't even have to come in for the last week, and still the universe managed to find a way for me to hate every second of being there.

I was sitting in the library for the second of four total periods that day when someone slid into the table across from me. I looked up to see Katie, giving me a not-so-nice look. 

"Hello..." I said, not really sure what else to say.

"I want you to stop talking to my boyfriend." She said bluntly.

I was quiet for a few seconds, keeping my face emotionless, "I'm sorry...what?" I asked.

"I don't want you talking to my boyfriend anymore." She said, slightly more annoyed than she had been the first time she said it. 

"Like...at all?" I asked.

She rolled her eyes, "Obviously. I don't like the way he talks to you." She said.

"What, you mean like a friend?" I asked. Before she could say anything in response, I leaned in closer, "Look Katie. I get it, you're insecure that your boyfriend doesn't love you, and I'm in no position to confirm or deny that fact. But I am not going to stop talking to my friend just to please you. If you don't like the way your boyfriend talks to me, then you should take it up with your boyfriend." I said. 

She narrowed her eyes, "You see, the thing is, I don't think it's my boyfriend that has feelings for you. I think it's the other way around. So, with that being said, I don't want you hanging out with him, talking to him, or anything of that matter." She said.

"Well, you see that could be hard considering I...you know...work at his house." I said, adding kindling to the flame.

"I don't care. Don't talk to him. And if I find out that you are, I'll-"

I cut her off, "You'll what? You don't scare me Katie. I will not stop talking to Lucas. He's my friend. You can try and threaten me all you want. But I won't bend." I said before standing up to leave for a different classroom where she couldn't find me.

"Well you know what they say about things that don't bend." She called after me in an attempt to sound intimidating.

I turned around and smirked at her, "What? They break? You think you can break me? You wouldn't be the first to try." I said before turning around and walking out of the library.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All was quiet for the rest of the week. Friday was pretty much my last day of school; since I didn't have to go in at all the next week except for Friday. Last block I walked into the library for study, to find Cole hunched over his laptop with earbuds in. 

I sat down across from him where he looked up and pulled the laptop closer to him, "Don't look." He said.

I made a face, "Why not?" I asked.

"Because, it's the video for history. It's not done yet and I don't want any of you seeing it until class on Friday next week." He said.

I simply nodded and looked on my phone for the rest of the period.

Later that afternoon, I was sitting on the couch in the Hunter's living room, hanging out with Clara and watching a movie when the front door opened.

"Sebby!" Clara exclaimed before running to the foyer. 

I stayed in my seat, knowing they would walk in together, but then I heard Clara speak, "Who are you?" 

I stood up and made my way to the foyer. I expected to see Katie and Lucas, but what I walked into was much more surprising.