History

A/N: Okay, so this is a bit of a description of Anima's world. I wrote it as if it were straight from a history book one would find lying around Fen. You can refer to this at any point in the story if you need some clarification on various things. If you pay attention, there's even a bit of foreshadowing! ;)

Nothing here is set in stone. I may change something in the lore of Anima's world or I may add some stuff. If there's something you notice in the story that you want clarified, PLEASE let me know in the comments below and I will add a section here.

Thanks for reading guys!

-----------------------------------------------------

~Places~

Tayri (Pronounced "tie-ree")

Tayri is the first town created when humans first came to the Fen continent thousands of years ago.  Humans fought for possession of land from the native demons in Fen soon after their arrival, in what came to be known as the Crimson War. Tayri functioned as an outpost for the wounded and sick. Goods processed through Tayri were sent to the Fort Esterre, where the demon's attention was focused.  At the war's conclusion, the humans obtained a large portion of land. This new human country was named Fen, while the rest of the continent was named Talyyn.

Tayri was founded as the first city in Fen by the first travelers to the continent and quickly became a prosperous trading town. Tayri lies in the center of Fen, nearby the Cerulean River and the country's forested areas. The surrounding grasslands make farming ideal, and the river provides ample trade. The town's main industry was and still is trade with nearby settlements and other countries. If someone is looking for something, it's bound to be in Tayri. It is a central hub for commerce. Many travelers from other countries rest here upon arrival. It is the perfect place for merchants to sell wares, as many people come through Tayri daily.

Thievery is a common crime within Tayri, as there is an abundance of merchant activity. With each passing year, the city guard is increased more and more. It is such a problem that some have petitioned for thieves to be attacked on sight. Entire thief guilds have been eliminated through violent means.

A popular tale is the legend of the Bloody Thief of Tayri. His true name was James Windfell, born to a struggling lower class family. It is said that he began picking pockets from a young age. He became accustomed to stealing what he wanted, whenever he wanted. He was known to have much greed, doing whatever he could to gain his weight in coin.

James didn't become famous until he founded the largest gang of thieves ever known to Fen. For years they worked silently, stealing what wasn't theirs and making plenty of money. The greatest feat was that they remained unknown to Fen until James's last year alive. Before, the gang was unheard of. James was only briefly mentioned in rumors. Rumors of a thief that came in the night and stole from wealthy merchants. He was notorious for killing anyone who discovered him sneaking around, and was proven as the murderer of over thirty merchants. This earned him the nickname "Bloody Thief".  His gang was eventually discovered after guards succeeded in investigating the murders.  Legend says that the streets of Tayri ran red with the blood of his group, and stained them for months before the rains finally washed it all away.

Tayri can be considered a safe haven for anyone, as the city tries to maintain peace and neutrality.

----------------------------------------------

Nocturnal

Whoever founded the ancient city of Nocturnal is unknown, even to demons. It has forever stood as the demon's major city within Talyyn. It is also the largest city on the continent, serving as home to countless demons. During the Crimson War, no humans dared attempt to take the city. The demons may have been relieved, as this is the crowned jewel of their country. The true reason is that the enormous number of demons living within made capturing the city impossible.