41

"Maaan, that was one of the best meals that I've had in a long time!" Kokichi chirped.

"...It was just a bento box..." you mumbled.

"Eh, whatever." He then chugged down what little was left of his Panta. "I'm going to go to the restroom now, okay?" He hopped out of your bed and excused himself.

You sighed and stood up from your desk, walking over to look at your bed. If you were to be honest, you were quite surprised to see that he didn't drop any grains of rice or something like that in the sheets.

You picked up the box that he had left. Completely empty... He must have been really hungry. You took the box over next to your own. I'll probably have to return these to the dining hall later on...

"Alright! Your supreme leader is back from the dead!" Kokichi appeared from the bathroom.

"From the dead...?" you repeated, slightly amused.

"Yep! Now I feel like I have the energy to do anything!"

You chuckled a bit. "That's great, Kokichi...but I just now thought of a question that I'd like to ask."

"Oh? Well then, go ahead."

"What will we do tomorrow?" You looked down to the ground nervously. "I mean... I figure that you'd want to do some more work on who the mastermind is and how to end this game... So I was just wondering if you would want to meet up again in the morning, just like today, or if you had some other plan..."

The boy looked off into the distance, poking a finger into his cheek while he was thinking. Then it seemed like he finally had an answer. "Doing the same thing tomorrow sounds fine with me. But don't you think that it's quite early to be that worried about tomorrow? I think that we should decide on something to do for the rest of our day."

"If you wanted to, we could get a head start on our work?"

"Sure," he replied with a shrug.

"...Oh, um, have you seen my lab yet?" you asked him. "Perhaps my lab will have some equipment that will help us organize our information."

"Ooh! Sounds great. I'm curious about how your lab looks now."

"Alright then, let's go."

You led him over to your door. "Oh, wait... We should probably be careful. You said that you didn't want to be seen, right?" He nodded at you. "Just be careful... Hopefully no one will be in our way. We do kind of have a long way to go..."

Kokichi tilted his head at you. "Eh? Exactly how long are we talking about?"

"My lab may or may not be on the fifth floor..."

The boy blanched. "...Great..."

You bit on the inside of your lip nervously. "Ah, we'll be fine...! Just... Just stay by my side. If we run into someone then you should just hide or something."

"Hmm... Maybe my skills at hide and seek will help us!"

"Sure... Now let's go, for real this time."

You opened your door, letting Kokichi go out first. You quickly locked the door before turning around and making your way out of the dormitory. Kokichi grabbed your hand and started running.

Your mind flashed back to a time where he had done the exact same thing. It seemed like forever ago, back when everyone was alive... You frowned slightly, and started to long for those times—

"Watch it!" Kokichi whisper-shouted.

Snapping into reality, you found that you were about to run into him. Aimlessly, you dug your heels into the ground and put your hands out in front of you. You were able to stop yourself before you could actually run into him, but you still ended up trapping him up against the academy building's door.