Fireflies

With my legs burning and my lungs near to exploding, myself and Scott had lost Boyd. Great. "Scott, we gotta call Derek", I breathed as I leaned against a tree. Hesitantly taking his phone out of his pocket, he nodded. "What do I say?", he asked a little worried about the Alpha's reaction. Sighing I replied, "just tell him we had to lose him". Giving me a blank expression, he finally put the device to his ear. "You lost him?", I heard Derek day over the speaker. "Yeah, kind of had to", Scott replied with knitted eyebrows.
"Wasn't exactly the plan".
"I know, which is why I think we should stick together. He is too strong, too fast and way too angry for us two to handle. We gotta do this together".
"Look, I'm at the entrance to the preserve. Can you meet me here?".
"Yeah just gotta drop something off first".
The werewolf turned to look at me, where two young children were clinging onto me for dear life. We managed to save them from Boyd.

*queue title sequence*

Running yet again, we were joined by Derek

Running yet again, we were joined by Derek. Casually, they flipped through a gap between two trees. Rolling my eyes at their attempt to show off, I went around the wooden figure. "Is it them?", Scott asked as he stood from his crouched position. "We're not the only ones who decided to stick together", he replied.
"Is that gonna make it easier or harder to catch them?".
"I don't know".
"Derek, we saw Boyd try to rip two little kids apart", I said with wide eyes and my heart beating fast, "are they gonna do that to everyone they find?". Uncertainty washed over his face before he replied, "everyone and anyone". At that, he passed me, shoving my shoulder lightly. Rolling my eyes as I followed, Scott gave me a sympathetic look. "I'm so gonna kick his werewolf ass", I scoffed as I crisscrossed my arms. "I heard that", he shouted. "Good", I replied with a smirk. Laughing, Scott gave me a high five before we ran to catch up.

"Guys, can you hear that?", I asked as I put my arm up to stop them. "Cora", Derek said before he took off into the darkness. Without a second thought, I sprinted in the same direction, along with Scott.

A clearing came into view and my breath hitched in my throat at the sight before me. Issac was fighting the she-wolf and he was flung into the air before hitting a tree and falling to the floor, landing with a thump. "Issac!", I called out as I ran to him. "Issac are you okay?", I asked as I grabbed his arm and pulled him up. "Y-yeah", he stuttered. "Nice scarf", I smiled. He returned the gesture and whipped his head over to the scene. Cora was snarling at the alpha, claws extended, fully transformed. Surprisingly, she turned and ran off, Derek close behind her. I was ready to follow, with my glowing eyes but Issac shoved me back. "Stay here, I'm not letting you get hurt", he said as he walked backwards, "see you soon". At that, he was consumed by the night. 'He probably felt bad for grabbing me the other day', I smiled at the thought.
"Scott?", I called out not seeing him anywhere. "Over here", he replied. Jogging over, I saw a very frightened woman. He held his hands up to show that he isn't to be of harm. "Are you okay?", he asked softly. Stuttering and crying the woman backed up. "Are you alright?", I asked standing next to the werewolf, mirroring his actions,
"You've got to get out of here, okay". Without replying she looked to her left then right. Scott continued, "get out of the woods, get out as fast as you can". Swivelling around, he ran into the woods, leaving me behind. Sticking to Isaac's orders, I stayed where I was. A light buzzing came from my pocket, Stiles was calling. "Hey Stiles what's up?", I sighed, massaging my forehead.
"Y/N, there's a dead body, Lydia found it".
"Are you sure?".
"Yes, I'm sure. Throat ripped out, blood everywhere, it's like the frickin' shinning over here. If two little twin girls come out of the woods and ask me to play with them forever and ever, I'm not gonna be surprised".
"Get a little closer to make sure it's them".
"Make sure it's them? Y/N who's going around in the middle of the night tearing throats out".
"Stiles, just do it".
Silence filled the other side of the phone and I grew bored of waiting.
"Stiles, I'll call you back, I've gotta find Scott", I said as I hung up. The woman had left a while ago, not questioning anything. So, once I put my gadget away, I sprinted into the trees.