Echo House

The silence in the car was tense. Rain ran down the windows and bright street lights were a blur as we drove. Sitting next to me in the back seat, Stiles gripped my hand tight, looking straight ahead. Coming to a stop we arrived at the infamous Eichen House. Stepping out into the cold air, the Sheriff gave his son concerned eyes. Re-interwinting our fingers, a reassuring smile crossed my lips.

The sound of a motor flooded my ears as Scott pulled up. Ripping his helmet off, he jogged to us. "Why didn't you tell me?", the werewolf questioned. "It's only for 72 hours", Stiles replied, ignoring the question. "But isn't this the same place where Barrow got a tumour inside of him filled with flies?", Scott protested, "you don't know everything yet". The sheriff shook his head, "i know enough, Nogitsunes, Kitsunes, Oni... or whatever they're called". Stiles nodded, "wow, that's actually all correct". Sighing, i shifted on my feet, i didn't exactly want Stiles to go into that place either. "They took a MRI scan that looks exactly like my wife's", the adult continued, "and it terrifies me".
"Why are you putting him in here?", Scott questioned. "He's not", Stiles said, "it's my decision".
"Stiles, i can't help you if you're in here".
"And i can't hurt you and Y/N".
Sqeezing Stiles' hand, i kept quiet, fear of my voice braking when i spoke. "Deaton's got some ideas, Argent's calling people, we'll find something", Scott insisted, "and if we can...". Stiles stepped forwards, "if you can then do something for me... make sure i never get out". Without a reply, we opened the gate and left for inside the building, not giving Scott another look.

The smell of disinfectant and cleaning products diffused the air. Patients stared as we entered, faces twisted in curiosity. "Mr Stilinski", a female voice said, "this way please". A creepy smile spread on her lips, as she motioned us to follow her. Glancing up at Stiles, unease filled my body.

"First 72 hours there are no phone calls, emails or visits", the nurse said, her eyes landing on me as she said the last word. Sheriff Stilinksi lingered his hand over the paper he was signing, unsure if he actually wants this to happen. "From here we will take you to a breif physical", the nurse continued, still smiling, "in the morning you will be assesed by a psychologist and speak to a social worker". Staring down at my feet, my hand was still held in Stiles, we haven't let go since we entered. The sheriff set the pen down and leaned back in his seat, "i feel like we are forgetting something". Ignoring him, the nurse began to talk more. "You will be waring these slippers, no laces allowed", she said. Reaching forwards, Stiles grabbed the uncomfy looking footwear. "You don't have a belt, do you?". He shook his head. Nodding, the nurse shoved a white box onto the desk, "please empty your pockets into here". With a small smile, Stiles gently let go of my hand and began the nurses requests. The sheriff twisted in his seat, "your pillow, we forgot your pillow". Untying his shoes Stiles avoided eye contact, "dad, it's okay".
"No it's not, you won't be able to fall asleep. We gotta go back".
"It's fine dad, i don't need it".
"But everytime we stay at a hotel the first thing you pack is your pillow".
"You can bring it tomorrow".
Emptying his pockets, Stiles paused as he picked out a small piece of paper. A photo of us. It was when we fell asleep on the coach to the hotel and Lydia took a picture. "Can i keep this?", he asked the nurse. She sighed, "as long as you keep it to yourself, then yes". He smiled, putting it back in his pocket, "thanks". Continuing to do the nurses orders, Stiles gave me a small smile. "No, I'm not checking you in here if you're not gonna get one good nights sleep", the older Stilinksi said, jumping up. "Dad", Stiles said as he placed his hands on the adults shoulders, "i haven't had a good nights sleep in weeks". Pulling his father in for a hug, i slowly rose from my seat too. Stepping back, Stiles turned to me. I kept my eyes trained down on my feet. Putting his fingers under my chin, he picked my head up to meet his eyes. "Hey, I'll be fine", he whispered. I nodded, "I'm gonna miss all your sarcasm". Chuckling slightly he grabbed my hand, "I'll be thinking of you". I smiled, "I'll be thinking of you too". Placing a kiss to my forhead, Stiles gave me a short but loving hug. "Stiles, it's time to go", the nurse said. Breaking apart, he held my hand until he had to let go. Fingertips brushing, he entered the hallway, giving one more look before turning a corner.