Unleashed

Soft fur tickled my fingers as I comforted a dog with Scott. I was supposed to pick him up after his shift but I arrived early, so I decided to help. Deaton was going to inject some fancy medicine into the pup and the owner looked more scared than him. "It's not going to hurt him is it", he asked, eyebrows twisted in worry. "Just a little", Deaton replied with a smile, "I usually find that it's the owners...who feel the most pain". A light laugh came from the Vets mouth, something I don't hear often. Once the dog had been injected, Deaton told the man about some medical things and checkups- usual dog stuff. Scott lifted the pup off the table and sat him on the floor gently, giving him a belly rub. "What a cool name", Scott said as he looked at the name tag that said 'bullet'. "He's got a brother at home called trigger", the owner replied, "military family". Scott nodded with a smile as he continued to fuss the dog. "Looks like he knows who the alpha is", the man commented, making Scott snap his head up and I looked at Deaton. "Y-yeah", he stuttered a reply. Weird, the vet looked like he knew something.

When the owner had left and Scott went to the storage room, I instantly started a conversation with the adult. "So, you looked a little unsurprised when the guy said about Scott being an alpha. Why?", I said as I leaned against a table. "No reason. Just think Scott has potential", he replied, monotone. I nodded, ready to continue until the werewolf walked in with blue rubber gloves on. He sat at a desk and started to examine something that confused me. "Found something", he said. The vet walked over to him with a bottle of liquid, "rinse it off". As told, the newfound item was doused with water by the werewolf. With a little curiosity, I joined them, looking over my best friends shoulder. Inbetween the tweezers was a small, round, white ball. "What is that?", I questioned as it was handed over to the more experienced male. "Deffinelty poisonous for the dog", Deaton said, looking closely at it, "actually for you as well, Scott. Y/N, I'm not so sure but I think foxes do have a bad tolerance towards this". We both nodded in understanding. "Wolfsbane?", Scott asked, worry glazed over his eyes. The vet shook his head, "mistletoe".

The white object was put into a bottle and kept inside a cabinet for safe keeping. Scott and I were finishing up in silence until a loud barking echoed in our skulls. "What on earth?", I said as I looked at him before grabbing my coat and making my way outside. Following close behind, we entered the cold night. The dog from earlier came jogging to us, whining and crying. Picking him up and holding him close I ventured to where he had come from. Scott now stood in front of me, protectively like a brother. A dark alley lay in our line of vision, the owner nowhere to be seen yet the scent of fresh blood was evident in the air. Standing next to my friend, he shared the same look of concern.

*queue title sequence*

Gym class was in 10 minutes and boredom had overcrowded my brain

Gym class was in 10 minutes and boredom had overcrowded my brain. Eventually, an evil idea came to my head; I thought it'd be funny to see Stiles and Scott in the locker room. This was going to be hilarious.

The door to the changing rooms creaked open and I walked in with my head held high. Most of the boys either wolf-whistled or screamed- depends on who they are really. Spotting my two dorky friends, I waltzed over to them. Seeing that Stiles was in the middle of a rant, I decided to scare him. " Someone needs to sex me right now", he said, flustered before slamming his locker shut. "Hi", I said as I leaned on the metal container next to his. Jumping he put his hand to his heart and screamed. Scott was laughing his socks off and most of the boys around us were too. Pink appeared in his cheeks as he realised what he just said, quite loudly. "Mr Lahey, happy to have you back. Not happy that you're late", Coach said, I'm amazed he hasn't told me to get out, he most likely doesn't care. "Sorry Coach", he said as he passed him and went to the end of the room, by Danny. "I'll remind you all that cross country is not optional for lacrosse players. I don't need you turning into a bunch of badasses in the offseason!", Coach shouted to everyone, "So work on that". Laughter erupted from my chest as the adult left the room after his outburst. "Coach is the best", I said to Stiles as we piled out of the room. "Yeah you should see him during Lacrosse practice", he replied.
"You know, I kind of want to try out for Lacrosse but there are no other girls so I'd feel out of place", I said as I pulled my hair into a messy bun, continuing to walk.
"You shouldn't feel out of place, Y/N. The team is quite chill, plus you got me and Scott looking out for you".
"Thanks, Stilinksi".
"Wanna be run-buddies?".
"Dude, you already know the answer to that".
"I'll take that as a yes then, L/N".
"You betcha".
I gave him a wink just before we stood at the starting line. To my right, I saw something that made my heart skip a beat. The alpha twins were standing right behind Issac. "Stiles, look", I whispered as I pointed, "this is bad, really bad". He nodded as he stared at the scene. Abruptly, a loud whistle blew, piercing my eardrums. I saw the blonde beta talking to Scott before he took off at full speed, chasing the twins. "Stiles, I'm so sorry but I've gotta help out", I apologised, "see you at the finish line". With a small smile, he replied, "it's okay, go kick werewolf ass". At that, I sprinted off into the trees.