Chapter 1

It was cold.

So cold.

My skin and body was numb, I shivered. My skin was purple, the once puddles on my floor almost like a pool.

My cell was completely cement with a metal door. I had no light, no fresh air, no clean clothes and no actual place to sleep.

I'm not even going to get into where I have to use the bathroom- that's if I even can. Currently, I have been denied food for a two weeks, I've been restless for about 2 months, I have not been aloud out of cell (not even to do chores) in 4 weeks, I'm deathly weak and pale.

At full health my skin is a nice caramel brown, long beautifully shiny black hair that when down to my butt, and my eyes..

My eyes they were a mixture of blue and green, the blue was grey and blueberry blue, the green was a forest green.

When I walked into rooms people would gawk at me, not for my curves, not for my luscious pink lips. No, for my eyes.

I wasn't always in this dammed cell.

When I was five I was alive, vibrant... Clean. I had my own beautiful, warm room, no water, but windows, huge beautiful windows. Where I could look outside in.

I dont really remember what outside looks like anymore, I know of grass and trees, but everything else has left my memory.

The reason why I'm down here you ask?

I'm the runt of the pack, my father- the big bad alpha decided I'd be living in this cell when I was 10.

The memory flashed through my mind.

"Dawn, I have a new room for you!" My dad said excitedly.

"Can I see now?" I jumped up and down, I was 8 years old and tired of living with my older sister Olivia, she was so girly and I was so not.

"Of course," we walk down to the cellars, of course I'm wondering why we are down there but I still have a small bounce in my step.

"We are here," my father smiles stopping at a cell.

"What do you mean? Is this a-"  he pushes me into the cell, closes and locks it. I fall to the ground scraping my knee.

I knew of the pack, wolves and all that, but I had not received mine yet. "Father-I- Why am I here?" I whimper.

"Because you're a disappointment," he spat in my face, "you always have, you always will, I feel bad for who ever your mate is," my heart ached.

"I don't understand, what did I do father?" I cried.

"You cannot call me father anymore, I am alpha and you are just a stupid runt."

"I-"

"That's enough runt," he took a step forward and I flinched back, "you have chores to do in the morning, you are not to talk to anyone and if I find out you do."

His brown eyes darken, he growls, "I will kill you."

As the memory passes by tears run down my face. Or whatever you call my scrunched up face that's red, there wasn't much for tears. There wasn't much of water left in my body.

There wasn't much of anything left to me actailly. I am nothing. I don't have a family, no food, no real good room, no warmth and my wolf left me when I first got her. I seen and spoke to her once. And she left.

I layed on the cement floor, shaking, my breath like a white mist.

I had dirt all over me, my clothes are torn rags that barely hide what I have, I have a pair of very thin, holy black shorts that basically looked like underwear on me, it was spandex kind of material. And I had a silk like tank top on that was also black and very holy.

My hair hadn't been brushed in two months, I feared that next time I get ahold of a brush I'd have to just cut my hair it would be so knotted.

I've been finger brushing my hair for the last month and a half. And I've been trying to wipe the dirt off of my body to stay relevantly clean. Has that been working though? No.

I had caught a cold, so I sneeze, cough, shiver and sweat a lot. I don't get any medical attention and no one really cares for me.

By now I've been deathly small, you can see my ribcage outline on my skin. My bones were visible. My hair was long, but ratty and dry.

I was weak, I could barely stand.

"RUNT!" A booming voice was heard from the other side of the cell, "YOU ARE TO GET UP AND CLEAN THE BATHROOMS, AND CHILDRENS ROOMS. DONT YOU DARE TAKE ANY FOOD."

It was the guard, my father decided that he didn't want to ever see me from that moment on when I got locked in here for good.

I stand up off the floor, stumbling as I walk over to the opened door, and prepared for what was going to happen next.

Slash.

Pain, numbness.

Slash.

Liquid flowed down my back.

Slash.

I whimper.

"What was that!?" The enraged guard looks at me, slash.

My back hurt as I walked up the stairs, he kept slashing me, pain seared up my back.

Finally I got to the bathrooms, "don't go into the showers or use the bathrooms, clean them," he ordered then walked out closing and locking the door behind him.

I sat down on the floor for I don't know how long, my body vibrating, my legs shaking.

And finally an idea pops into my head.

Escape.

I look around me, a opened window, I was on the ground floor so I was okay, I look around outside.

Woah..

Trees, grass and flowers. I missed flowers.

Snap out of it!

I look around outside to see if anyone is around. Then I jump out.

******