chapter two

Elijah and Klaus had brought the werewolf to their home in New Orleans, primarily for the purposes of Klaus turning her into a hybrid

Elijah and Klaus had brought the werewolf to their home in New Orleans, primarily for the purposes of Klaus turning her into a hybrid. However, Elijah had other plans and wished to restore her life as a human, which Klaus considered futile. Despite their differing views, Klaus respected his brother's choice and allowed him to take the lead in her rehabilitation.

Rebekah was confused as to why her older brothers, Klaus and Elijah, had taken such a sudden interest in the werewolf living with them. To her, Keira was just a stray and a nuisance who occupied their home and disrupted the peaceful dynamics of their family. She did not understand the reason for the attention they showered on the female and usually picked at her, sparking frequent warnings and threats from her older brothers.

"She's just like any other werewolf!" Rebekah protested to Klaus, her disdain towards Keira evident in her words, "Why is she even important? She can't properly speak, dress, and she's basically a dog," she added, revealing her view of Keira as a lowly creature rather than a person.

"Rebekah, she is much more than that," Klaus stated, his tone growing firm as his younger sister continued her protestations.

"Special how?" Rebekah persisted with her question, her tone defiant and unappreciating.

"She just is," her older brother replied, a slight smirk curling his lips as he took a sip of his wine, leaving Rebekah without a straight answer.

"Shouldn't you be more worried about your little minion escaping with his mother?" Rebekah said sarcastically, her tone implying that Klaus' attention towards Keira was an absurd distraction.

"They are not important anymore," Klaus stated, his tone dismissive of his minion and their family. "Keira is." His words caused Rebekah to flare with frustration, her glare showing her anger and indignation. Klaus merely chuckled at the reaction while Rebekah stormed out of the room.

"Isn't it a little rude to eavesdrop, Keira?" Klaus said, his tone casual and unbothered.

The female werewolf had been listening in on the conversation between him and Rebekah, her bare feet and oversized t-shirt displaying the fact that she was still adapting to human society.

"Did you dress yourself, love?" he asked in amusement, unable to contain his laugh at the werewolf's attire.

She scoffed, her annoyance and discomfort with her present situation evident in her attitude.

"Where Elijah?" her question caused Klaus's smile to fade, his eyes flashing with a hint of suspicion and jealousy. The werewolf being attached to his brother, rather than himself, did not sit well with him.

"Why do you need him when I'm right here?" he said, his tone laced with irritation and impatience. Despite her previous dependence on Elijah, he did not see why she would still need his brother when she was now in his care.

"Elijah said..." she began, scrunching her nose as she frantically searched for the right phrasing, causing frustration to build within her. Her gaze turned to her stomach, indicating her issue with it, which Klaus instantly understood.

"Food?" Klaus asked, noticing the attention Keira was paying to her stomach. His simple question was quickly answered by a nod from the female werewolf, who appeared to be quite relieved to have her desire acknowledged and her issues addressed.

"Food—Elijah said food." Klaus chuckled at her repetition of her brother's statement, finding it amusing and slightly endearing. He walked towards her and placed his glass down on the side table, indicating his intention to take care of feeding the young werewolf.

"Then, shall I accompany you, my dear?" The werewolf grabbed hold of Klaus's hand, dragging him to the kitchen with her as if he had no say in the matter.

Klaus has been strangely affected by the presence of the young wolf. It almost seems like she has a calming impact on his disposition, with his temper gradually easing each time she is around. His behavior towards her has seemingly become "softer", although she can't figure out why. When in the beginning, he just wanted her as another hybrid.

She had noticed the gradual shift in the way her caretaker had treated her. His behavior had grown kinder and more considerate, almost as if she had a calming effect on him. Despite her curiosity about this change in Klaus, she couldn't pinpoint a specific reason for it.

Despite her outward appearance, her body that of an adult, Keira has maintained the mentality and outlook of a child due to her past memories being hazy since residing in her wolf form. This has led to her being somewhat confused about her situation, allowing vampires to be part of her life, when she should feel threatened and suspicious. However, she has also felt comfortable around the vampires she is supposed to perceive as enemies, even with Rebekah, even though she is rude and insulting towards her.

AN: Rebekah mentions Klaus' minion escaping - that person is the son of my OC for my damon salvatore book, called THE FIRST - story is also being rewritten and edited, I will post it as soon as i finish editing this book

AN: Rebekah mentions Klaus' minion escaping - that person is the son of my OC for my damon salvatore book, called THE FIRST - story is also being rewritten and edited, I will post it as soon as i finish editing this book. (don't worry, their story matters more with reading this book first. they are only mentioned here, but nothing is fully covered without prior to reading that book)