chapter seven

The feeling of loneliness permeated Keira, as she stayed confined within the solitude of her own space, avoiding interacting with the Originals, owing to the fact that she was unwilling to lower her defenses around them

She had built a barrier between herself and them, which served as an impediment to any potential bond, as she remained withdrawn and isolated, seemingly content with avoiding their presence.Since her memories having returned, and the day she had told the three originals she couldn't trust them, she had been left on her own.

Keira's existence was characterized by a profound sense of solitude, as she chose to maintain a distance from the three Originals, preferring to avoid their presence and keep to herself.

Despite the resurgence of the recollections she had been subjected to, Keira remained in the mansion with the Originals.

She had no other option or place to go, having lost everyone that she held dear in her prior life, and being a young werewolf devoid of any other kin, she had opted to remain in the vicinity, despite the overwhelming memories that were taking their toll on her.

The Hale was not detained or imprisoned in any manner, and she was granted liberty to leave whenever she desired, but it was evident that she made the decision to remain in the mansion, despite her lingering skepticism of the Originals.

She attempted to harbor disdain towards them, but her efforts only resulted in confusion, as she was incapable of maintaining the resentment.

She was well-versed in their history, and she was aware of the fact that the Originals had been alive for ages, but she recognized that she was devoid of the credentials necessary to pass judgment upon them.

Her instinctual distrust of vampires had proven to be deeply embedded in her mind and psyche, resulting in an emotional and mental resistance towards them, which was prompted by her survival instincts.

She detested having to a state of reluctance, but it was a habit and mechanism from her past life, one which had evidently remained an integral part of her being.

The resurgence of her recollections had resulted in her experiencing a distressing side effect, namely, the recurrent nightmares that disturbed the Originals' slumber as well, as she cried out in her sleep, awakening them with every bellow, and forcing them to endure the echoes of her nightmarish screams.

Those harrowing dreams were painful reminders of the atrocities that she had endured prior to her memories vanishing, and they reemerged as an unwanted residue of the past that had infiltrated her nightly slumbers.

Niklaus and Elijah were keenly aware that they could not rush into her bedroom and embrace her, despite their burning desire to comfort her, as they recognized that she needed space and time, and giving her the appropriate distance was crucial.