chapter sixteen

Elijah had finally returned after being away for a while to visit his dear friend, and Melrose's previous advice regarding love had offered some glimmer of hope that it's not too late for him to find something real and genuine

Yet, despite her efforts, the Original was still sceptical and reluctant to believe in love. He had been disillusioned for so long, due to past experiences and events, that the idea of finding someone that truly loved him seemed far-fetched and unrealistic.

However, her willingness to provide hope for him and her kind words had a subtle effect on his mind.

As the Original got back to his home, he was surprised to find Klaus and Keira not on speaking terms.

He wondered what had caused the sudden shift in their relationship and how it had come to this. Was it a momentary argument or something else completely?

He wasn't entirely certain of the specific details, but he knew something was off and that the two of them were experiencing some friction.

Elijah was baffled when Keira approached him, taking the initiative to admit that it was her fault.

It was indeed a surprise to see her take accountability for her actions and take the first step towards reconciliation.

His first thought was to hold his brother accountable, but her confession made him reconsider the situation.

Could it be that the two of them had simply had a minor argument, one that could easily be resolved with some understanding from both sides?

His concern and confusion were evidently evident in his body language and expression as he observed the two of them closely.

Keira opened up about her actions, candidly and directly confessing how she had acted.

"It was horrible, the way I acted, he did not need that from me," she stated, her tone remorseful and full of regret.

"I basically told him I didn't trust him," she continued bluntly, her words revealing just how severe the hurt she had caused was.

She stood in the common study, her voice devoid of any attempts at defending herself or making excuses, accepting full responsibility for what had happened.

Elijah was taken aback by the revelation that it was Keira who had instigated the fight, rather than simply reacting to something that Klaus had done or said.

Her blunt admittance of fault took him by complete surprise, as he had expected her to shift the blame to him. Instead, she had taken full responsibility and made no attempt to explain or justify her actions.