Chapter 2 (Unedited)

The scent of lavender is overwhelming, a thick scent clogging his nose with its presence. It was as if Neal had his nose shoved right into the purple colored plant. He had always loved the scent of lavender the most, but this much of it shoved into his face was a bit overwhelming.

As he opened his eyes he noticed a heavy feeling to them, as if something thick and heavy was on them trying to keep them shut. Once managing to open them, all he could make out was the fact everything was blurry.

He attempts to lift a hand to try and rub at his eyes, but finds the effort to do so only resulted in being able to slowly move his hand towards his face. That is when he realizes his whole body felt as if their was a pressure around it. It was as if he were wrapped up in many blankets, cozy, warm and confining. Yet at the same time as if he were in a pool of diluted honey, the thickness there but still moveable. 

Slowly, but surly, he begins to move his body. He stretches his arms out, trying to find something to grasp onto. His hand at one point hitting something soft in front of him. 

Neal's attention locked fully onto the spot he had hit, even without being able to see what he had hit, he still had a pretty good idea. 

Soon the palm of his hand pressed against something silky soft, a texture he found himself wanting to melt into. Ignoring the strange impulse to use what seemed to be a wall as a bed, he continued on pressing. 

It sunk in, accepting the pressure, and the soft wall began to wrap around his hand. 

He had no time to react when it suddenly gave away, folding open like a orange peel outward. 

He tumbles forward, unable to stop himself from falling out as the liquid around him pushes him. Before he knew it, he had fallen onto his back against the hard ground, bright sunlight entering his vision as the liquid dispersed around him. 

Having no choice but to shut his eyes while under the attack of the sudden light, Neal shut them tightly. He takes another breath in and felt as if he has swallowed water down the wrong way, beginning a coughing fit and quickly sitting up while his eyes remained shut. 

It went on for a bit, the coughing. The lack of air and roughness from the action had his stomach and throat aching, while he grew more and more light headed. He felt as if he were about to throw up, the feeling in no way pleasant in anyway.

Finally the thing causing the coughing came up. A overwhelmingly sweet taste coating his tongue, as the thick substance drops from his mouth onto his lap. The feeling of the lump leaving his lungs was a huge relief, the coughing fit having now stopped and air now freely entering his lungs.

Despite having breathed in air for his entire life, taking in this first breath had him wide eyed in surprise. Different scents of flowers filled his nose, along with a faint cold feeling. As if he had a  mint in his mouth while taking in this breath. 

So different from the comforting warmth of the liquid he had been in. Now that it had begun to drip off his skin, he noticed his body growing a bit cold as a faint breeze went by causing him to shiver. 

Neal opens his eyes, which were damp from the tears caused by such harsh coughing, taking a moment to better adjust to the brighter area. 

When his eyes did adjust, he was left breath taken by the beautiful scene before him. He was in the center of a beautiful meadow surrounded by a circle of tall thick leafed trees. The flowers scattered throughout the meadow were of various kinds, most notably were the ones that covered the most of the meadow. 

Lavender.

He moved to stand, his limbs feeling heavy as he pushed himself off the ground. He takes a better look of his surroundings and sees now he had come out of a giant flower, some liquid still dripping out from inside of it. It looked as if its pedals had formed a dome, he could not tell what type of flower it could be. Not that he knew of any flowers that could get that large either.