CHPT 18 The Greatest Sulker's Mentor

*sigh*

I shook my head as I gazed up at the sky. No matter how I tried I still couldn't get the tingling feeling in me to leave. It was as if I was gradually changing into something different. I wandered if Barbara felt the same.

She was the only one who could sort out my problems, considering that she was the only person who knew my secret. My life here and the one before that. It then occurred to me that I knew so little about the life she lived here.

She never told me where she was before arriving at the academy. From the looks of things, it was clear that she was out of the village for some time. Probably longer than me. (I'm surprised no one has asked me for Barbara's story. My cousin won't stop asking me about it and Rin's too since we hardly know anything about her past life. How did she even end up in the orphanage? Tell me if you want a chap about it or a tiny clue or fact)

I gazed at my palm as if it held all the answers. My cartooned palm. Sometimes I pitched or slapped my self lightly to see if it was really real. Don't get me wrong but a talking ball of light, probably part of a star sending you to a T.V series and manga seams greatly...delusional.

I'd be lying if I said I did not sometimes wake up in the middle of the night just to see if I was still here.

I jumped out of the thoughts when I felt a tingling feeling at my left wrist. I gaped at the sight of a tattoo. A seal to be exact. On my wrist. A sealing tattoo on my wrist. Where did it appear from? It glowed and faded into my shin.

Unusual..

I took a deep breath as I channeled my chakra to that same spot. It resurfaced but disappeared again when I stopped. I sighed. What was it for anyway. I was almost tempted to unseal whatever was stuck there. But a voice kept telling me not to.

"Rin~chan! Kakashi~sensei just woke up. Believe it!" A blonde boy yelled. I shook my head as I got up. A small smile gracing my lips. I almost used my room. Almost. Until I found out what was wrong with me I decided to refrain from using it unnecessarily. But it was herder than I thought.

I lived my life using room almost all the time. To suddenly stop meant the same as an alcoholic serving beer to a random guy for free. This flawless ability whichs  weakness was almost inexistent in this world.

One that had no side effects, no prices to pay. Nothing to drain your chakra. Until a few days ago...

"Rin~chan are you alright?" Naruto asked gravely concerned. Oh if only it were that simple to explain. "Yeah. Don't worry about me." I lied and gave him a small smile. I knew it was fake. He knew it was fake. But the fact that he played along only created a pang of guilt in my heart.

I wordlessly followed him to Kakashi's room, avoiding all eye contact.

"Zabuza's alive." Kakashi declared. He went on to explain all about the senbon needles and suspicious tracker nin. I was surprised when he appeared. Too surprised to even give him a clue that I knew of his identity or that he was one of my favorite characters. Oh well, I'll just have to do that when he meet again.