Chpt 42 The voice.

I looked up as the petals fell down. It seemed suna caught on that their tramp card wasn't showing up.

My bakyugan activated and I hit a chakra point, disrupting the flow and releasing my self. My head turned to the person next to me.

"I know you're awake."

The Nara groaned and opened his eyes. "Urgh. I should have known I couldn't hide from you. So troublesome."

I shook my head and woke the others. "Listen to me carefully. I want you guys to go straight to the city and help the citizens. Bar-Sayaka and I will handle it here."

"What about Sasuke?"

I inwardly groaned. Even in a situation like this, the mind reader was still worried about the one person I knew, no, everyone knew could take care of himself.

"He's fine." With Gaara. But I didn't add that less they panicked. I didn't add anything else, giving them no chance to argue as I turned away.

"Take care of your selves."

They smiled at me. "You too."

I jumped off the railings and onto the arena. The battle had already begun. I squinted at the barrier in which the hokage and sanin battled.

After much contemplation I decided to assist. Barbara was already in it by the time I reached. I roomed my way I to the place.

Barbara glanced at me and managed a small smile. She was floating a few in his off the ground with a very depressed Hashirama beside her.

Tobirama was practically rolling his eyes at him. Apart from that, no damage had been caused by her. She had been waiting for me.

I took a double take at the person I had missed. My breadth caught up in my throat as I choked on air. He gave me a shy smile that screamed kill-me-now(oh I would gladly do that) and waved a hi.

I shook my head and brought my mind back to the present situation. Orochi~nee grinned at me. But it wasn't the same somehow.

There was something wrong about him. He looked, darker, and more twisted. One of his eyes flashed red and his grin grew wider.

The dude was creeping me out.

"He isn't Orochimaru anymore." Barb confirmed my thoughts. I looked at the unconscious hokage and then the snake sanin.

My mouth opened and closed as I realised his attention wasn't even on the old man. "Great! More people to join the party."

This was very weird. I glanced him as everything sank in. His voice. The voice. "You're a devil fruit user too!"

He smiled and let out a dark chuckle. "No. He is the devil fruit." I scrunched up my face in confusion. "But I thought they were just...fruits."

Apparently not.

"He was supposed to be your second fruit Lu. But when your mother died, it affected you emotionally and changed your need. They first devil fruit was your fist wish back on earth. Apparently it had something to do with a hospital."

A known feeling spread through me, but I pushed it down.

"The second fruit was your wish in Naruto. When your mother died, you begun to doubt yourself and became depressed. That's why you got the positive effect of my fruit. Your emotions collided with your desire and as and effect, created him."

The sanin laughed. "That's right. You created me. I was supposed to be a unique fruit that related with the ope ope no mi. But because of you, I didn't, and instead, became a magnet for all that changes you made. The more your change, the more powerful I grow!"

I turned my attention to Barbara. Stick to the plot. She didn't tell me because she knew I couldn't handle the situation. I could never live with myself knowing the what I'd done.

"Lu. That's the mind mind fruit."

I see. It was influencing his mind. That was a very powerful fruit. But I didn't know anyone in one piece who had it. It was truly a unique fruit.

"Wait. If you weren't the voice, then who are you?"

Barbara sighed and looked at him. "Lu, meet Nathan E Williams." My eyes widened at the name as I stared frozen at him. Barb turned to me.

"Your father."