Chpt 39 Above All

One month.

One month of doing absolutely nothing.

I should have been training with a sensei like everyone else.

Instead, I was sitting on the roof of the academy with...

Gaara.

Surprise! 😘😘

Rin: Urgh. This is so embarrassing. 🙀🙀

Me: You know you love me. 😜

Rin: 0_0 😑😑

Whatever, just continue. Its not like any one cares anyways.

Me: Kyaaaaaa! Don't worry girl I would make it the greatest and biggest you've ever had.

Rin: 0_0😶...........😲😲😵😵😵😵😵😵

Me: 😏😏😎😎😜😝

We'd been hanging out a lot now. Basically because he didn't really need to train. As did I. I would have loved to hang out with Barb but for some reason which I didn't really want to find out, she had been avoiding me like the plaque.

He was still lurking around doing whatever it was people like him did but he kept his distance. The pain had dulled quite quickly after he left us-well me since I don't know about Barb-and became much more bearable.

The mark was still there but the reddish side was gone. I still had to wear the bandages since it wasn't disappearing anytime soon.

On the good side, it did give me a warning such as a slight pinch which helped me to avoid having any accidentally encounters with him.

Anyway, Gaara had become much more polite now and very calm. The backs under his eyes had reduced and almost completely vanished.

It was still shocking how the sand didn't attack me. Barbs theory before the whole incident was that I wasn't originally a part of this world so some of the effects such as the attack anyone within a two mile radius cause killing is my hobby didn't affect me.

I wasn't supposed to exist. So it didn't recognise me. Like a ghost. Even though I was there, I wasn't.  Are you getting me? You feel me?

I sighed and relaxed my shoulders, enjoying the view with monster boy. The raided haired said nothing. If anything, he was scared.

"I'm not like them you know."

He stared blankly at me.

"I'm not planning to murder you. If I actually was don't you think I would have done it back then? You don't have to be like this all the time. If anyone, I'm sure you can trust me."

I looked calm and composed but let no looks deceive you folks. Under that facade was a storm waiting to cause disaster.

I was on panicking mode!

The boy remained impassive and turned his attention back to the village. I sighed and shook my head, thinking I'd never get him put of his shell when he finally spoke.

"Trust. I have trust. I had trust. But no one knows how to keep it. They misuse it, and misuse me. So now I've learnt that the only person I can trust is myself. Only myself and mother."

He looked back at me. "Trust in others, make us weak. I-" He was cut off by me. Basically my arms around his stiff frame.

"Don't worry Gaara. Just once, give me your trust. I won't misuse it. I promise." He didn't return the hug. Probably too shocked to do so. But his sand did. In excitement, I unconsciously flared my chakra, among something I didn't think possible happen.

The place was dark and wet. I was staring at a confused Gaara and-

"Hello brat! Nice to finally meet you in person."

_________________________________________

He stared at his cup in silence. The liquid inside looked like poison in his eyes. But there was nothing he could do. He had to wait for the perfect opportunity.

"What news have you brought for me?"

His voice was horse and felt grazed. As if someone decided to wash his throat with sand paper.

"They have the mark. Its only a matter of time before it executes its purpose."

He gripped the cup harder. This was not why he had had in mind. It was contradictory to what he had planned.

"All our years of hard work, ruined by some intruders."

"Should we take action?"

He got up and walked over to the table. Three profiles laid on it. He picked up the first and brushed through.

"No. Let them have their fun. It won't be long for them to realise. They wouldn't know what hit them."

His hand heated up and in a second, the papers were nothing but ashes. His voice rang through the dark halls.

In the blackness, one red eye shone above all.

Another unexpected twist. Fufufu. Tell me who is this mysterious person. And WHAT THE FUCK DID HE DO TO THOSE PAPERS?