Chapter 5

As I watched Frost's servants quickly readied things to leave.  I had startled them when I appeared this evening.  However, they were not bothered long and flew to activity.

"You there" I called to a passing sprite.

Its wings fluttered quickly as it hovered nearby.

"Yes?" It questioned.

"The girl, she leaves as well."

"Yes, Lord, she is already packed.  We need but a few more moments and all will be ready here as well." The sprite replied before nodding and flying off.

I smiled careful not to display any fangs.  I left them to it and walked up the stairs.  I would follow them in a day or two.  In the meantime I planned to return to the forest and see if I could find the one who had forced me to attack Frost.  It would die by my hand I vowed, a growl rising from my throat.

A gasp had me spinning around.

The girl had opened her door and heard my enraged a growl.  Her eyes were huge in her face as she stared at me in shock.  I could taste the fear in her emotions.

"My apologies my lady.  I did not mean to frighten you." I spoke softly, edging away.  It was so tempting to lean into her ivory skin and bite.  She was clean and prettily dressed now. A light pink dress matched her blush as she stared.

"My lord?  I didn't know you were home." She sputtered, her breath wafting towards me.

The temptation rose higher now, I struggled with myself I could hear her heartbeat,see it beat in the pulse at her throat.

" I'm not" I growled out, spinning away and stalking down the hall.  Rude I know, but better than losing control and drinking from her.

I opened my own door and threw that inside locks.  No one would enter here, however they were more for myself then the staff.  I breathe heavily, trying control my urges.  A bottle of blood was on my bedside table and I quickly drank it.  It helped, I could feel some of the hunger fading.  I shook my head, a simple human would not control me.

I stripped, redressing in my combat clothes.  Dark pants, boots and my sword, then the iron daggers were added as I focused on the forest.  I could almost see it as I misted out of my room and away from temptation.

Careful to land away from the area I had been before, I searched for signs of the ogres, red caps or the creature.

It seemed empty as it sat in the waning moonlight.  A rustling from the bush's warned me of something approaching.  A small group of red caps appeared.  They had two ogres with them and each ogre carried a rope.  I blinked.  Stumbling behind them and tie to the rope were humans!

This was what I had been searching for.  I carefully hid and followed them as the group progressed through the woods.  Soon we came to the edge of a huge field.  It was full of cages, tents and more evil things.  The Wicked Unseelie.Ogres, red caps, hobgoblins, trolls and changelings were wandering the field.  I could see that a lot of the cages were empty, however a few held humans.

The humans seemed confused and disoriented.  I hope that someone had spelled them, I didn't think their minds would survive seeing what was before them.  For a hours I watched from my hiding spot in the trees.  The camp seemed a quiet now, as if they were prepared for the night.  Fires burned low, most of the humans lay as if asleep and of most of the Wicked Unseelie had taken to the tents.

I cloaked myself in darkness and approached a cage of humans.  It was very dark here, yet one remained awake if not seeming aware.  A small boy about eight or so was standing near the cage wall.

"Can you hear me?" I whispered to him.

His eyes were glazed and unfocused.  I snapped my fingers before his face with no response.  Great I thought, completely useless.  Someone had bespelled the humans.  I would not be able to question any of them.

I sighed and backed away.  Well I relished the thought of killing the Wicked Unseelie, these humans were little more than sheep, unable to think for themselves.  I had to find a way to bring them back safely.  Despite my thought that humans were no more than food, they didn't deserve to be left with the Wicked Unseelie, and I'd like to question them if possible.

I returned home to find a completely empty.  The staff and human were gone.  The quiet was a welcome relief.

I removed my weapons and sat in the sitting room to plan.  I would need to find a way to get the humans out if I could, as well as destroying the camp.  The only way I could see to do this was to use an ogre to free the humans, tie them up and lead them from the camp.  Well I could control minds of those lower fae I'd bitten, I didn't know if I could control an ogre.  They weren't the brightest creatures but they were exceedingly stubborn.

I mulled it over as I drank a glass of blood.  My room was silent as I entered.  It would have to be tried.  I hated to foul my mouth with ogre blood yet I could not think of another way.

I lay down for the dawn pondering how to achieve this odd feat I had placed before myself.  My body began to stiffen as I felt the Moon slide away.  Tomorrow would become, and with it, my dreaded action.