Epilogue

Months passed since that night my mate joined me as a vampire.  Tonight was to be the last night we would return a human.  A small boy about 8 or so.  He had been the one I had seen in the cage.  His name was Tobias Agnes.

Ranata was having him as I stood with the druids who would open the gate.  She would also spell to make this all seem like a dream to Tobias.

"Come Tobias, Ranata.  It is time." I called out.

Tobias ran to me and hugged me as well.

" Will you visit?" He asked.

"Now Tobias, as you know you will forgive us.  Your family, mom, dad, all your friends are looking for you.  We cannot visit but we will keep watch from the side.  Go, make your mother smiley again" I released him.

He smiled and waved as the druids chanted, opening a doorway.  We could see a small garden and the house.

"Hey!  My house!" Tobias should, as he eagerly stepped forward.

We watched as he halted, shook his head and looked around.  These doorways were invisible from the human world.  So, although we could see him, he could not see us.

"Mom!  Dad!" He was calling.

 The back door opened and a woman looked out.  Shocked  filled her face as she yelled back into the house.

"Tobias!" She ran down the stairs and swept him into her arms.

Ranata was out right crying now, as we watched the dad come out.  He fell to  his knees hugging them both.

I nodded to the druids and she closed the doorway, blocking Tobias from our view.

"There Ranata, they're all home and safe." I hugged her to me, wiping her two tears.

" I know Sobann.  I'm so happy they made out OK." She leaned forward brushing her lips against mine.

Somehow I held my world in my arms, a whole new and better world, thanks to a favor I didn't even do properly.

THE END