Chapter 8

The world spun about me as I opened my eyes.  Someone had rolled me over and was running their hands against my body.  It was pleasant and I warmed at the touch.  Warmed?  What the hell?  I tried to raise my hands to push them away but could not.

Fingers snapped in front of my eyes.

"Hey!" My human's voice and face came into my line of view.

"Here" I heard someone else say as I stared at her.

"What that?" She looked away and questioned somebody.

"Blood.  He's a vampire and something is wrong with him.  Usually blood fixes everything with vampires." Returned the other's voice.

A cool bottle touched my lips as I was given sips from the bottle.  My stomach rolled and  I'd just manage to roll over, before throwing it back up.

" It's not working" my human panicked.

"I don't understand it.  Let's try to get him inside."

The brownie who answered me earlier came around to my side.  She gently pulled  me  up to my feet.  I rocked uncomfortably off balance.

My human grabbed my arm to steady me.  Her face coming close to my own.  Hunger roared through me.  I inhaled quickly, then held my breath, leaning against them both as they helped  me into the house.  The hunger burned, like a hot iron had been shoved down my throat.  The ache to drink had my fangs lengthening until they dug into my lower jaw.  I could not understand how I could hunger like this but vomit the blood I'd been given.  Soon we reached a darkened room.

"Yours, correct Master?" The brownie questioned.  I nodded grateful to be here.  This room had a warming  fridge that kept blood at a perfect temperature.  I sat opening the fridge and retrieving a bottle.

"Wait Master" the brownie grabbed a small wash pan and passed it to me.  I raised my eyebrows at her.

" Just in case, blood does not clean easily." She replied her head down.

Sighing, I opened the bottle and drank, careful to keep the brownie and the human from seeing my fangs.  The blood slid down my throat, it's slight warmth cooling the burn to feed.  It settled in my stomach.  I swallowed quickly to get it in quickly, I wasn't  liking this weakness I was feeling.  I set the bottle down.  My stomach rolled, nausea as I had not felt in centuries rose my throat.  Bile filled my mouth, I grabbed the pan and vomited.  The human moved forward and padded my back as I continued to heave.

"What's wrong with him?" She asked the brownie.

" I do not know.  Master who can we summon?"

" Get a high priestess or the village wise woman." I hissed out.

The brownie disappeared quickly.  Luckily the vomiting and heaving stopped, I lay back against my bed.  My human took the basin and left the room quickly.  This was so not going well.  I'd snapped at her during our first meeting, angered her and now been violently sick in front of her.  Things were not going well.  My throat burned and my vision turned to red as her scent entered the room seconds before she did.  My mind filled with images of biting her and drinking her blood.  My mouth watering, I curled my hands under my thighs to stop myself from lunging at her.