Chapter 9

"Yes, a full Moon ceremony.  It is common among mates here in faerie.  Humans marry."

Ranata and I look at each other.

"Why?"

"Two truly be needed you need to complete the ceremony.Ranata may wish to do the human one as it means the same.  Mates are forever.  Neither of you could be without the other, you would suffer."

"Are we mated now?" Ranata asked.

"No, hence the ceremony but because Sobaan has drank your blood and with his curse you are mated it either way.  Without your blood and presence Sobaan will go berserk.  You have almost a month until the next full Moon but the new Moon rises tomorrow.  It could be done then."

Ranata and I stared each other.  To faerie, a full Moon ceremony and mates were forever.  I, a vampire over 800 years could not imagine a companion.  I had always been alone.  I had  no idea what Ranata thought, but I was for this.

"What happens if we wait?"Ranata asked.

"You will need to be together at all times Ranata, Sobaan will need junior.  As time passes without your meeting ceremony been completed, Sobaan will become more possessive.  You both will crave being together, separation will cause actual physical pain.  It should not wait." The wise woman cautioned as she answered.

"What is it?  The ceremony?" Was Ranata's next question.

"You both cut your palms and pledge yourself to the other.  It is a mixture of the blood in the full Moon ceremonies."

"Cut our palms?  What happens if Sobaan's  blood mix it with mine?"

"Nothing, we will be careful to not let the mixed blood into you.  A glass can collect it that way you will not change."

" I will age fell, Sobaan does not."Ranata stated.

"The ceremony will give you added years.  Mates stay together forever Ranata."

The room fell silent as we all sunk into our own thoughts.  I could feel Ranata's emotions were all over the place.  Fear, anxiety, hope, and caring.  I tried to block it out.

"A night, Ranata.  Let's give it an evening.  We can think it over.  Despite what she says, we can wait.  As long as you don't mind what will happen, I can give you the time you need." I reassured her.

"Ok, that sounds best.  I'm just not sure.  This has happened so fast, and you're really a stranger to me." She looked sad.

"Well, we have all our lives to get to know each other Ranata.  Should we decide to complete the ceremony tomorrow, we have time.  Nothing else needs to be rushed." I smiled.

"Thanks Sobaan.  I'm tired, I'm off to bed." She leaned forward and brushed a  kiss on my forehead before she left the room.

I sighed, already I felt alone.

"It will grow worse Sobaan.  You will feel the draw the longer you are part.  She should be in the same room with you until you mate."

"How can I do that?  Dawn is coming, she will be fine well I sleep.  Won't she?"

" I guess we will see.  I have not attended a mating like this before.  I should warn you, other supernatural mates need contact until the ceremony is complete.  She may feel it or not as she is human.  You'll sleep yes, however I fear should she not be there, once you awaken."

I stared.  It was a huge thing for me a worry at all, let alone about another.

" I believe we will be fine.  Will you stay until we decide?"

"Yes, I will be here.  Should you do the ceremony I can lead it." She nodded petting my shoulder as she left the room.

I rose and undressed laying back on the bed.  It had been a strange evening and although I was concerned with Ranata's thoughts and worries, I was untroubled.  Sleep was coming to me.  All would be here when life returned.

A soft crying was heard as I returned to myself.  A warm weight  pressed against my side.  The smell of flowers and a scent uniquely Ranata's filled my nose.  I turned my head towards the sound.

"Ranata?" I whispered gathering her towards me.

"Oh, Sobaan.  I couldn't stay out.  I'm sorry for coming into your room, but it hurt.  It felt like someone was tearing the hole into my chest and ripping my heart out."Ranata cried into my chest as I stroked her hair.

" I asked the wise woman and she said the come to you.  It's not so bad now." Her crying eased.

" I'm sorry Ranata.  She told me to keep you with me and I did not.  I did not think it would be like this." I hugged her closer.  She smiled and lean her head back.

" I guess this means we need to mate tonight?  I can go through that a game and the wise woman said it would be easier if we were mated."

"Do you want to Ranata?  I feel like you have no choice."

"Neither did you Sobaan.  That Mage cursed you.  Do you really wanna turn into a blood lasted murderer?"

"No, I may not have never thought about it before, but I've been alone a long time.  Someone to share my life with would be beyond anything I deserve." I ran my fingertips down her cheek bone.

" I may be a vampire but I'd rather be chained forever then kill innocents.  Mated to you, it's a blessing I could never hope for." My voice was soft almost hesitant.

"Oh, Sobaan.  I say yes.  We will do the ceremony.  My family is gone, so I'd be happy to have you as mine forever.  I've been alone a while here, being safe with you is the greatest thing to happen to me." She hugged me tightly.

A huge smile filled my face.  Whenever that Mage had planned, definitely worked out in my favor.  I pulled Ranata from bed and we set out to find a wise woman, the sooner we finish the ceremony the better.