Chapter 11

I held Ranata's body to me, silently weeping my sorrow.  How?  How could this happen?  Why was I given a mate only to have her taken?

" Sobann"

" Sobann" a soft voice called out my name.  I looked up from Ranata.Shock filled me as I stared at white shining figure that seemed to hover in front me.

"It's ok Sobann.  I am sorry I did not return as I promise.  The Mage caught me trying to rescue Ranata and killed me.  It was quick, painless.  Yet, I stayed to make sure you came Sobann."

"Wise woman?" I asked.

"Yes, Sobann." She smiled her face radiant.

"You can save Ranata, Sobann.  You need to turn her."

"Turn her?  How?"

"Cut your wrist and give it to her, will you bite her.  It will change her if you can get her to drink while you do.  Use her mind, you will save both of you." She touched Ranata's head gently.

I looked down.  Carefully shifting Ranata in my arms, I bit my wrist and placed it against her mouth.  Blood leaked along her lips and I gently opened her mouth so it could pool inside.  Leaning over her neck I bit gently.  Images swirled, some how she was still here.  I chose one of the two of us drinking on a beach.My fantasy self kept offering her drinks and luckily Ranata took everyone, downing them.

A sudden sharp pain had my eyes opening.

"Good Sobann.You can stop now, she's drinking."The wise woman told me.

I licked my bite wounds and looked at Ranata.

Ranata's mouth was fastened on my wrist as she sucked.I could feel the oull of each time she sucked.I groaned at the feeling.

Ranata's eyes shot open, locking with mine.She stopped sucking and leaned back.Her lips stained ruby red with my blood.

I raised my wrist to my mouth and licked the wounds to close them.I looked up to the wise woman.

"Just wait, this is the worse part."

Ranata's eyes closed as she slumped back.Her body began to shake and jump.

"Easy, Sobann, she's gonna make it."

We both watched as slowly the movements stilled and she grew cool to the touch.

"It is done."The wise woman began just as Ranata sat upright, screaming.The shocked look of the wise woman meet my own stare as I struggled to hold Ranata down.She bit and tried to shove me away.

"What's wrong?"I demanded.

"She's lost, we have to stop this, tight now she's just a blood lust vampire.We need to bring her back.Kiss her Sobann.I know a spell."She placed her hands on our shoulder's and began chanting.

Kiss her?Yeah, that seems safe, I think as teeth barely miss my jaw.I grip her face and press my lips to her forced closed ones.

Warmth floods over and into me, and Ranata's struggles stop as she leans into my lips.I kiss her once before pulling back to see her eyes staring into mine.

"Ranata?"

"Yes, Sobann?"

"Oh, thank you!" I turn to the wise woman but she is gone.

"Oh, Ranata, she saved you."I whisper stroking her face.

"Who?What happened?"Ranata asks, looking confused.

"Come, let's go home.I'll explain everything on the way."I pull Ranata to her feet, wrapping my arms around her, I mist us home.