Chapter 10

A wise woman indeed.  We found her already directing the staff to prepare for the ceremony.

"You knew!" Ranata exclaimed.

" I hoped Ranata.  Now, you go eat, we're almost ready." She shooed us off.

I followed Ranata to the kitchen.  A brownie smiled at her when she saw us enter.

"Master, Ranata.  Some breakfast?"

"Yes, Amelia.  I'd love some.  Sobann?  Do  you eat human food?"

" I can but I'm fine.  All sit with you while you eat Ranata.  My thanks for your help in all this Amelia."

"My duty master." She smiled.

Soon eggs, bread and meat were placed before Ranata.  We talked of random things as  she  ate.

"Are you ready?" The wise woman called out.

We rose and followed her voice to the sitting room.  She beckoned us to the front garden.

"It's a simple ceremony.  You pledge yourself to the other.  Fleischer com and we will gather the blood in a cap.  Once next you are mates.  Sobann, you may drink it if you wish."

We stood bathed in moonlight,Ranata smiled shyly at me.

" I, Sobann MacCloud, pledge to hold you, cherish you ever catchy with all that I am.  I pledge to be with you forever Ranata, what's mine is yours." I cut my palm with the dagger the wise woman passed me.  The blood dripped down my palm, as I held it over the cup as she held out.

" I, Ranata Finwick, pledge to hold you, cherish you and protect you with all that I am.  I pledge to be with you forever Sobann, what's mine is yours." She took a deep breath and cut her palm gasping.  I held the cup to catch her blood.  I passed it to the wise woman a few moments later.  Taking Ranata's hand I like the cut.  It sealed automatically.

"You are now mates, may the Moon shine on you forever.  Sobann, humans kissed to seal a marriage.  You may do so if you both wish."

I smiled and looked at Ranata.  She blushed and lean towards me.  I kissed her gently.  We both leaned back.

"The blood Sobann?" She prompted.

"Is it ok Ranata?  I'd hate to disgust you."

"Your a vampire Sobann.  Go ahead." She nodded.

 I kept my eyes on her's as I drained the  glass.

"Now, you two, let's celebrate.  The staff wishes to give you a party.  It's about an hour from now.  Enjoy the garden.  I will collect you soon." The wise woman smiled before she swept off.