Chapter 7

Evening had truly set when I awoke.  Heartbeats were loud and the quiet of my house.  However, they're all basically the same rhythm.  This reassured me that whenever spell was on the humans it was still at work.

I just carefully, drinking another bottle of blood.  Black slacks and boots, but with a light blue shirt and dark overcoat.  I strapped my daggers to my thighs but left my broadsword.  Should the humans awake from the spell I did not want to frighten them.  As it was, the misting of myself and so many others would be taxing.  I hoped to do half at a time.  I planned to leave them all at my summer home until they could be returned to the human world.

Quickly, I walked to my cellar and open the doors.  They were standing listlessly about.  I gathered the rope and looped it over all of them.  Gently I pulled to get them moving.  Like sheep, once the first did something the rest followed.  We were outside quickly when I had to loop them to the back gate and return to lock my house.  I watched each face as I passed them, no one looked my way at all.

Reaching halfway I drew my dagger and slice the rope.  I threw glamour and darkness over the rest.  Gathering my half around me I misted.  Luckily, it worked beautifully and we're  standing at the back gate to my summer home.

The house was mostly quiet as I led the line of humans to the back door.

" Hello?" I called out.

A brownie approached from the hall off the kitchen.  She gasped as she saw the humans crowding in behind me.

" Untie them, and see if you can get that E and ring something.  I will be back with more but be careful, they have been be spelled and I don't know when it will wear off." I ordered.

She nodded and move forward quickly taking the rope.

I walked back outside and misted home.  They were still there.  I shook my head, these humans would be so easy to do anything with or to.  I grabbed the roping gathered the lot against me.Misting, I reappeared with the group behind the summer house once again.  This time I stumbled a little.  Apparently moving this many was a stretch of my limits.

I was shaking my head to clear the weakness when the back door slammed open.

"Just go to you think you are?" My human raged that at me her face flushed to red in her anger.

"You can't just use humans however you want!  We are people not playthings!" She screamed in my face.

I felt the rope being pulled away and look down to see the brownie that had answered my call.  She began to lead the humans into a house.  A hard smack on my face caused my attention to return to my human.

" I'm talking you!  What have you done to these people?" She angrily questioned.

"Nothing" I replied as my vision swam.  Something was wrong with me.  Usually misting was in this taxing.  Not after a full bottle of blood.

"Yeah right.  Like I'm going to believe that.  They are tied together and don't move or speak.  You've done something." She raised her hand again.

"Enough!" I hissed bearing my fangs.

"I have not harm the humans, I found them not far from my other home.  They were in camps with the Wicked Unseelie.  I stole them and brought them here."

She backed away staring at my mouth.

" Vampire..." She whispered, horror over her features as she paled.

"No...no..." She murmured.

" I won't hurt you, it's OK." I tried to reassure her, my vision blackening as spots began to dance before my eyes.  I raised my hand towards her but the next thing I saw was the grass coming up to meet my face as I passed out.