Chapter 34

A/N I'm not happy with this ending.

Feel free to read it if you like but I will be changing this ending soon.

Thank you for your patience, Kitty Chan

......

"They know you're an Ethereal Violet, you need to run." The words coming from Cynthia's dying mouth both leave me with my blood running cold and confused.

"Who knows I'm an Ethereal." I demand of the dying woman. But it's to late, Cynthia has finally passed out. Although she is still breathing.

While my attention is on Cynthia I barely noticed that it's become unnaturally dark. It's so dark that I can only see about 10 meters in any direction even with my enhanced vision

I stand up in order to pick Cynthia up and rush her inside where she might be able to get some help. I knew which direction the house was in even if I couldn't see it anymore.

As I stand up with an Cynthia in my arms I realize that there are solid glowing red eyes all around me in a ring. There must be 20 or more of them.

"My mother was always one to interfere when she could." An all too familiar voice said out of the unnatural dark that surrounded us.

"It's to bad she was such a failure. Did you know she was originally designed to be the first artificial Ethereal?" Alex continued from the cover of darkness.

His voice seemed to be coming from everywhere or I would have rushed to him and killed him already. But fighting 20 or more Royals at once maybe be risky with Cynthia so close to death and in my arms.

"It's no matter now, I have you after all. She's fulfilled her purpose and can now die." Alex continued on.

"What the fuck do you want this time Alex?" I demanded of the red eyes watching us.

"It's Alexander, when are you going to learn that? And I want you, as do all these fine gentlemen here, Ethereal." This earned a chuckle from the crowd.

"You're sick and a coward Alex." I shot back. "You can't even face me and choose to hide behind the darkness."

"You like my little toy?" Alex's voice almost purred out of the darkness. "Some friends from off world gave it to me. Don't tell me you didn't know that the vampires didn't originate on earth."

I didn't say anything while I tried to process that Alex was still in contact with wherever it is the vampires came from.  I suddenly had a large feeling of dread.

"Well if you're going to be so silent then I guess it's time for the main event." Alex announced. "Now be a good girl and stay right there so people don't get killed."

As he finished the unnatural dark lifted. I found myself surrounded by male Royals, not a single female among them. I had to stop myself from killing Alex the moment I saw him.

Alex had Gabe by the throat once again. I would laugh at his repetition except this time his buddies on his left and right also had Leah and Audrey by the throat. There is no way I could get to all of them before one of my friends died.

The other thing I immediately noticed is that the city around us had gone dark. It's like someone flipped the power off to the entire city. The stars were amazing now thanks to that. There were so many it was ridiculous. It even looked like some of them were moving.

"Now little Ethereal, if you don't want to see your soulmate here or your children die then I suggest you put my worthless mother down while I inject you with dead man's blood." Alex demanded looking like he'd snapped and lost his mind.