Chp.2 - A Gummy Bear Kind of Guy (part II)

I run to the staff bathroom to get the stupid clown costume out. I'm happy that today I chose to come to work wearing a cute shirt. It ended just up the waistline of my jeans and was a little tight which I guess it looks nice on me.

While I'm taking my makeup off someone knocks on the door.

"It's me." I hear George's voice on the other side.

"Come in."

He opens the door and studies me from the threshold.

"If you are going out with Mr. Pretty Boy over there and I'm staying to close, at least do me the favor of putting lipstick and mascara on, okay?"

"We are not going out. We are... acquaintances, and he is giving me a ride, that's it." I answer while following his advice and putting lipstick.

"Sure." He walks to me and gets the mascara on the sink. "Close your eyes." He starts applying it. "He is giving you a ride because you took care of his kid. Funny."

"Don't apply too much."

"Don't move. Mascara is one of the two things that are never too much. Done." I open my eyes and turn around to see myself on the mirror. He did apply to much, it looks nice though. "Now go. Poor Tom must be tired of the fun land of Funyard."

"It's magic land." I raise my eyebrows.

"Whatever." He gets my bag from the sink and throws it to me.

"See you Friday."

"See ya."

On the mall's parking lot, Aeson walks us to a mate green car. I have zero understanding of cars but Aeson's had a classic old look but still well maintained. It's interior was clean saved for a chips bag thrown on the back seat. The AC was not working, but besides that, it is a great car.

"It's old." Tom commented when the subject came up on our way to his house.

"My car is not old. It's classy." Aeson defended.

"Which is a nice way of saying old." He smartly replied. "What do you think, Em?"

"I like it." Aeson seems satisfied with the reply throwing me a smile.

"That's because you two are old." I gap at his answer. Now he seems so comfortable, so different from the shy boy among the other kids. Tom crosses his arms. "Can you give me candy now?"

Aeson looks at Tom through the front mirror frowning. "You just called my car old and you expect me to give you candy?"

I laugh at his hurt tone and complete: "And it's time for dinner, not candy."

"I'm sorry. Your car is very classy. Pleeease." Tom pouts.

"Don't 'pleeease' me. It's not going to work." Aeson turns on the radio to end the conversation but Tom refuses to let it go.

"Tell him, Em. One candy is not going to make a difference."

"I mean... He has a point."

Aeson faces me with a can't-believe-you-are-taking-his-bulshit look. I shrug in answer.

"Okay, just one." He gives in when the light on the street turns green again. "Can you get it, Em? It's on the glove compartment.

I open it revealing chip bags, chocolate, and a bunch of candy. I laugh.

"What?" Aeson asks me.

I get an orange candy and give it to Tom.

"I thought you were the chewing gum king of guy, not the sour patch kids guy." I take the green bag out of the glove compartment to show him.