Chp.13 - The Maiden

Leo rubs his eyes still half asleep and drags himself into the kitchen, not at all aware that he just gave us a scare. He throws himself on the stool on my right and rests his head above his arms on the kitchen island, while both me and Aeson gap at him.

"Ugh, what a hangover. I honestly think there wasn't only alcohol on Patricia's drinks." At the silence that follows his remark, he raises his head to study us. "Am I interrupting something?"

"No." "Not at all." We answer quickly.

Leo looks from one to the other and his eyes land on the black spider on the red hoodie I am wearing. He then looks at Aeson with raised eyebrows.

"Oh, wow. Crazier night than I thought."

I feel my cheeks burn while Aeson hurries to reply. "Don't get any ideas, I just let her borrow it."

"Your favourite hoodie." Aeson pretends he didn't hear him and I dramatically roll my eyes in hopes it gives the impression that I don't care about this conversation. "Okay," Leo raises his hands in surrender, "my bad. Or better saying," he puts one arm over my shoulder pulling me smoothly closer, "My luck. Good morning, Good-morning Girl." He places a noisy kiss on my cheek.

"Ha, ha. You think you are so funny." I answer.

"You love it." He winks at me, his face very close.

I shake my head. "Idiot." And move to also place a kiss on his cheek.

@@@

Me and Leo had agreed to be in front of Barnes & Noble at five, but he showed up forty minutes late still on his practice uniform.

"Sorry, coach was pissed today." He hands me a vanilla ice cream cone. I cross my arms raising an eyebrow at him. "What? It wasn't my fault. Look, I even brought you ice cream."

"You know I don't like vanilla."

He frowns. "Really? I thought that was chocolate. Better that way," he shrugs, "I already gave it a lick or two."

"Ew."

"What? Now you are also a germs freak?"

I laugh at him. "No. But I don't know where that tongue has been."

His attention is snatched from his ice cream to me. "You know, sometimes you hurt my feelings." His smile express the opposite of what he just said.

I just blow him a kiss. "C'mon, let's find this fancy shoes of yours."

Leo, a cinnamon roll in every aspect, didn't want to shop alone and as Cora was off doing a group project she postponed to the last minute, and none of the guys really wanted to go shopping, I was the one available. It was okay, I was already on the mall anyway, just getting out from my shift at Funyard.

Nobody seemed to mind mine and Aeson's weird behavior at the barbecue. I think everyone was so drunk they don't remember much. Thanks God for the alcohol.

Leo was more picky about his clothes than Cora and besides a pair of shoes he was also looking for a new jacked for the weather that was getting colder by the day. We went to three different stores only to end up again on the first one and settle down for a black leather jacket that he claimed would make him look dangerous. After befriending him, he could be full of tattoos and piercings, and I would still think he looked as friendly as a cute puppy. He was also very kind to stop and buy me an ice cream, this time of the right flavor, chocolate.

"Look! The Whilgher's Tale is on." I point to the big poster in front of the cinema. "It's still early, let's watch it."

Leo looks apprehensively to the dark picture of a frightened woman wearing a tiny nightdress looking at herself in the mirror and seeing a dark creature looking back. "I don't know..."