Chp.15 - Creep dudes

I take a step back from Aeson and blink at Leo to make sure my eyes do not deceive me. The skin around his left eye is indeed starting to become purple.

"What did you do?" Aeson is the first to break the silent in an almost reproach, like a concerned father.

Leo only buffs in answer as he makes his way to the couch, throwing himself on it and getting one of the black cushions to hug close to his chest.

"I need a beer."

It isn't what Leo asked for, but I open the fridge in search of something cold. I only find a bag of frozen French fries, that will have to do. I hurry to the living room to hand it to him.

"I said a beer."

I could have pitied him by his injuries, but as soon as the cold remark comes out, I feel it drifting away.

"It's for your eye." I throw the cold French fries on his lap with more force than necessary.

It startles him and he glances at me with anger, I answer him with an equally enraged look. He gives up first, grunting. He takes the frozen food and puts it on his eye with a pained grimace. However, it is forgotten seconds after as Aeson gives him a beer. He lets Leo give it a sip before asking:

"How's the other guy?" Wrong question. Leo rolls his eyes and finishes his beer in a few big gulps. "What? Was it a girl?"

If the question wasn't mocking enough, his smirk was. Leo, already on a mood, throws the forgotten French Fries on Aeson's head. His aim as impeccable as ever, gives Aeson no time to dodge.

I gasp as the bag hits its target with a loud thud.

"Dude! That is frozen!" Aeson complains, one hand rubbing the top of his head.

"So?"

"It must really have been a girl if you are this pissed."

I think Leo considers throwing the empty beer bottle on Aeson and I take that as my cue to interfere.

"Okay, children. Let's not fight." I pick the frozen bag from the ground and sit next to Leo to put it on his eye. "Do you want to talk about it?" I ask softly, in fear it could anger him even more.

"No."

"Are you really going to baby him?" Aeson sits on the other side of Leo.

"I am mommy's favorite." He shrugs.

"If you don't stop. I am going to leave the both of you hungry in here.

Aeson opens his mouth to protest, but I don't give him a change as I jump from the couch as if it burned me.

"The food!" I shout.

I run back to the kitchen, not before I hear Aeson comment:

"It was a girl, wasn't it?"

"It was because of a girl. A creep dude."

Aeson then buffs like the air was knocked out of him. "He hit me again!"

"Cut it off, boys!" I suppress a laughter at the same time I wonder if I ever want to have kids.

@@@

After the craziness of Leo just showing up all bruised and not wanting to talk about it (unless it was to reassure us that who had caused the damage was a guy, a huge guy), I forgot to give them Head's Halloween party flyer. On my way back to my dorm room I send Leo a picture of said flyer.

I pass Cora's dorm, its door is open and she calls my name from her place sprawled on her bed.

"Good-morning Girl! Perfect timing!" She sits on her bed and motions for me to get inside.