Chp. 20 - More Problems

The next day, I wake up feeling like shit. Not only because that was a pounding in my door, but because these days my first thoughts were always bad. There was the drama going on my family and I now I couldn't help but wonder what was between me and Aeson.

The knock on my door continues, forcing me to get up and groggily go see who it is.

I am not at all surprised when a crazy platinum haired girl waltz inside my room as soon as I open the door.

"Have you seen insta, today?" She throws herself on my bed.

"No, I just woke up." I yawn.

Cora is clueless about my tiredness as she taps the spot beside her for me to sit. "Than I have something to show you."

As I took her phone, I was half expecting it to be a video about getting your ears pierced or something, I was not at all expecting a drunk Leo dancing in a party at the sound of some reggaeton.

I frown at my friend. "You woke me up for this?"

She rolls her eyes. "Watch it again. This time look at the back."

Even though I am skeptical about what she wants to show me and I believe that she could be more direct about it, I watch Leo's stories again.

I see it.

In the back is Aeson, sitting on a couch in the corner, a curvaceous brunette swaying her hips in front of him. She leans down to whisper something on his ear, a smile appears on his face and that's when the stories end.

I gap at Cora's cellphone.

I knew we weren't serious, but I thought we were at least something.

"I'm sorry, Em. I just thought you should see this, you should clear out with him what you two are."

I only give back her cell phone, a mixture of sadness and anger filling me. "Nothing. We are nothing."

Hook up culture. Meaningless kiss indeed.

@@@

The party was a disaster. Cora's plan to take me out and cheer me with music and alcohol was flushed down.

Turns out that if you drink while depressed, you get more depressed.

In no time, I was a sobbing mess on Cora's shoulder.

"I know we didn't put a label on it, but look at me! How did he got the idea that I didn't want something serious?" Cora continuous patting my shoulder so I keep going. "He's an idiot. No! I am an idiot. How did I think I was the only one to whom he was that sweet?"

"No, Em," Cora pushes me so I can face her, "We all have been there. You can't blame yourself."

"Ugh. I'm so stupid." I lower my head in shame.

"Okay, now it's official. You have reached the self loathing stage, it's time to get you home."

I barely hear her as I pathetically start crying again.

@@@

I scrub at my face to get the pounds and pounds of makeup that Cora put on me last night off my face. I grunt when the matte lipstick doesn't come off, earning some weird looks from the other girl in the bathroom. I decide that is as clean as I can get and I head back to my room to escape the ogling.

I have to help Cora tidy up my table that was full with her makeup tools, only to find her squatted looking under my bed.

I clear my throats to get her attention. "What are you doing?"

She gets up looking around. "My favourite lipstick, sexy girl, is missing."

I start helping her look for it as she squats to look under my roommate's bed.

"What are you doing?!" I ask when she gets a gym bag from there.

"Just looking." She shrugs.

"You can't just go through someone else's stuff." I squat beside her to pull the bag away from her, but she doesn't let go.

"I'm just gonna have a tiny look okay?"

"No!"

"It's not wrong."

"How's this not wrong?"

She pull the bag from my hands. "Don't you think it's weird for a girl that never goes to the gym have a gym bag under her bed?"

With that she opens the zipper before I can stop her.

"Fuck." We say at the same time when we see what's inside.

Cora gets her lipstick from out of the mess, her mouth open in shock.

"Great, one more problem to add to my list, my roommate is a kleptomaniac."

A/N:
Guess who is updating late again?
Well, I guess it is still Friday somewhere😬

Nice weekend everyone!
Please vote and comment ❤️