20

Marcus leads me down to the dining area.   He explains some basics of where I am staying.   I am in fact in London.  Masked as a hotel, his clan live in plain sight.   A lot of them have normal jobs, and live relatively normal lives but just within the community of their clan and rules.

It's a large community, but everyone knows everyone.  Sort of like a pack, but instead of rising through the ranks on the need to take care of others, and strength, they base their leadership on skills, powers if any, and how much they have contributed to their community.

Going into the dining area I have been prepared for what to say if questioned.   I am here as a guest of Marcus.  I am his donor only (to which I had an absolute hissy fit. But not wanting to be bitten at all, I am going with calling myself his.  Ew.), and visiting for an extended period of time.

The dining hall is elegant, large and open.  Tables for large gatherings, small intimate ones, and a breakfast bar where some vampires are sitting on computers, doing work and eating their meals.

It looks.  So.   Normal.  

I think that's what's surprising me the most.  If you didn't know what they were, you would think everyone is human, you are in a hotel, and nothing is amiss.

Just like in the pack.   No wonder they kept their secret for so long.

Marcus steers me to a table for two, then goes to get us some food.  

"Well well well what do we have here?"

My wolfs hairs are raised and I can hear her growling in my head.  Funny.  She's never growled at Marcus.   And that little fact makes me feel all sorts of queasy in this moment.

I narrow my eyes at the vampire who has taken Marcus' seat.   He looks like he would be average height. (like 5"10?) Dark almost black hair.  Long face, sharp bone structure.  A wide smile with incredibly white teeth.  My first thought is maybe Italian decent?  But my second thought is demon, because his eyes are black and lifeless.  

"Marcus has never brought a guest home before.  And here you are, picture perfect no less, and you are a wolf.  What on earth is a wolf like you doing in a place like this with our dear Marcus?"

I narrow my eyes at him.   His presence just yells trouble and malice.  I am praying Marcus will be back any second.   Funny.  He is my kidnapper.  I am here against my will, and yet I want him to come here and save me.   Again Stockholm Syndrome pops into my head. 

"If you wish to talk to Marcus, he will be back in just a moment."

"Oh no my dear little wolf.  I am much more interested in you."  He leans back locking his hands behind his head looking me up and down in a predatory way.   I have never felt so on display or vulnerable before.   I don't want to be in this vampires company for one second longer than I have to.

"Well, that is too bad.  Because I am here with and for Marcus and him alone."

"Funny, its what you say, but I don't scent him on you.  No, nothing at all.  In fact.  I would wager, that he hasn't even tasted you, in any form."

That innuendo made me shudder.  He looks at me lustfully, lingering on my breasts.  Crap.  They can scent if someones tasted my blood?  Again, gross, and that also makes this so much more frightening.  I don't want trouble.  I am already in a bad situation and I feel its getting worse by the second.

"Albert.  Get up and leave my guest alone."

I let out a breath I didn't realise I was holding when I hear that crisp British accent.