38

It's been a week since I last allowed myself to be in a room with Lucian.  When I woke up, I was alone with blood dried on my body and pillows.  My wolf and I were furious!  After some research in the library, I found out that he has not completed the mating bond.  I blushed furiously when I read that not only did we have to be intimate in our human form and bite each other, but our wolves needed to claim each other too.  Yikes.  But, by biting me and drinking my blood, he has established a claiming bond that he will always sense wherever I am.

I can't ever run from him.  That asshole. 

Kate and all the other wolves from Issacs pack arrived here a few days ago.  The pack grounds were not salvageable, and Issac has agreed to be Lucians Beta and commander of arms. He may be an Alpha in his own right, but his wolf recognises his king and wanted to serve him. They are prepping for a war with the rebel vampires I gather, as I have noticed a lot more warriors training everyday.  

All the young wolves are being sent off to a special boarding school in Sweden. The grounds are protected by magic and their own warriors.  During this time, I agreed it was best for Kate to accompany all her friends there.  Frankly, I wanted to go with.  But Lucian is an ass.  I expected no less, though I did hope. 

I am making my way to go find Kate to say goodbye. Before I round the corner, I hear Lucians voice.  I stop dead in my tracks not wanting to be in his company.  But then to my horror I hear Kates voice.  What the hell is he doing in the same room as her?  I am furious and march into the Library to find him holding a bunch of books that Kate keeps adding to.  I catch her gaze and she runs to me in an excited ball of energy.

"Mom!  Your friend Lucian said I can take whatever books I want with me, and that when I am finished we can change them.  He's getting me my own bookshelf in my room.  Look at what I chose, look look."  

I glare at Lucian, but let her pull me along.  She's found children versions of all of shakespeare's works, a bunch of stories told by wolves, and mermaid tales.  Thats my girl.  These all look expensive and original.  I raise an eyebrow at Lucian.

"A young mind should be nurtured, and when I found her in here we discovered her desire to want many books in her room."

I sighed.  I don't want him around Kate.  But this is a nice gesture.  I take the books from him not saying a word, his eyes giving away no emotion. 

"I'll see you soon little one.  Don't cause too much trouble."

"I won't.  Thanks for the books!"  And she pecks him on the cheek.  I growl in annoyance to myself earning a chuckle from Lucian as he walks away.

We finish packing, and after saying goodbye, my heart feels sore.  She is my life, and being apart from her for so long is going to be hard.  I know its in her best interest and she's delighted.  But that doesn't make it any easier to know I am going to miss out on so much.

Caught up in my thoughts while grabbing a glass of wine, I make my way to the library and go sit out on the balcony.  I watch the sunset, and wonder what my purpose really is here.  What I will do.  Everything seems to have happened so quickly, and I feel like I am still catching up.

"Penny for your thoughts little fox?"

I gasp and look up.  Marcus!  Before I can think I fling myself into his arms, so happy to see he is okay.   I pull back and look him over, making sure he is not injured, and has all his limbs.  Once satisfied he is okay, I hit his arm.

"Where the hell have you been!  You have had me worried out of my mind!"

He chuckles, pulling me back in for a hug, kissing the top of my head.  I take in a deep breath, and find solace in company.  He always made me feel calm, and appreciated. I have hated listening to what others have had to say about him because I just don't see it.