Day 29 Understand

Day 29

Alarm clocks didn't have a good relationship, we always fought with each other. But that damn thing always won. Yesterday night was a very eventful night. I got married, left my house and not to mention shared a room with someone for the first time.

But it was really tiring. When I woke up this morning, I was still tired. I had body pain, maybe because of a change of the sleeping place or lack of sleep.

The following morning was my first day in this new house, meaning I had to prepare something sweet for the whole family.

Vansh's family consisted of his mother, his father and his younger sister.

I got up and sat on the bed to see Vansh's hand was intertwined with mine. I didn't realise until I saw it. His larger hand enclosed mine. It fit perfectly.

I removed my hand from his before he woke up. If he did it would have been so awkward. I took my saari from my bag and rushed towards the bathroom. After five minutes, I came out wearing a green sari and my hair was in a bun.

As I stepped out, I saw Vansh already standing near the bathroom door, wearing nothing but his shorts. My mouth flew open and I was about to slip but he caught me and made me sit on the edge of the bed.

"Are you okay?" he was looking for any injury on my hands or my face. He kneeled down on the floor, lower than me to look at me.

I was trying to normalize my irregular breathing and assuring myself that I was alright.

"Y-yes"

He was about to say something but the door flew open and Vansh's mother came in. She was a petite and a beautiful woman in her late fifties. She was also a diabetes patient.

As far as I've heard, she was really fond of sweet things. Vansh and his father used to continuously keep her sugar intake in control.

"Vanshi, will you leave my daughter now? Was the night not enough?" she teased us. I turned into a tomato while Vansh sighed.

"Maa, she was about to fall so I made her sit" he complained.

"Fall? How? Are you okay?" Shamelessly gawking at your son aka my husband now.

"My feet were wet as I came out of the bathroom" I tried to say it calmly but it came out as a high pitched squeak.

"I've told him so many times to put the door mat properly, but this man here doesn't listen to anything. You're here now, only you can make him do his work" she started ranting.

"Maa" he wined.

"I'm not lying am I? Leave it, Ahaana beta it's your first day, what are you going to make?" she asked me affectionately.