Day 2 Break-fast

Day 2

As soon as I stepped out of the bathroom, wrapping the towel around my body, a delicious smell hit my nostrils. It made me forget about how unrested I really was. Vansh must have ordered something.

I quickly wore some long-sleeved t-shirt and jeans and hurried out of the room. I did not want to wear jeans all day long but Vansh and I were not really that comfortable. Halfway through the passage, I remembered that I forgot to wear the mangalsutra.

I removed it when I went to take a bath. It was kept on the dressing table in front of the mirror among the bangles. I wore it, ignoring the bangles, not wanting to wear them. I looked at my reflection in the mirror and cringed internally.

The bags under my eyes were growing every damn day. The make-up on the important wedding days did a pretty good job in hiding all the scars but I no longer wanted to be hidden under makeup.

Who was I even making up for? I did not apply makeup before marriage and will not do it now, after marriage. I do not want anything to change.

I shook my head to clear all the negative things and marched towards the kitchen. The smell got stronger and delicious with every step.

As I reached the door to the kitchen, I saw Vansh neatly bathed and wearing his favourite jeans with a black t-shirt. The messed up hair looked good on him as always.

He raised his head and smiled at me, making it difficult for me to breathe. I just ogled the guy, who was my husband now. I had never seen him as anything more than friends but as things occurred, I was starting to have weird thoughts.

"Good Morning" he chirped, breaking me from my thoughts.

"Good Morning" I replied, walking towards the table and sitting on the chair opposite him. He passed a plate filled with pancakes and a cup of chai. I took the bite of the pancakes and groaned in pleasure.

"This is art. I could literally live with the person who made this"

"Good thing, you are going to be with me for seven lives," he said jokingly. My jaw hit the floor and my eyes widened. I looked at the plate and then I looked at him.

"YOU MADE THIS!?"

"Who else would?" he said in a 'duh' tone making me feel stupid. Absolutely stupid. But I never knew he could cook. Most of the men can't because no one teaches them.

"You mean you can cook"

"Yes," he laughed.

"I'm Impressed. These are just so amazing. I did not know you could cook" I really did not mean to say that I was impressed but Vansh's face lit up, making it hard for me to regret. Instead, I smiled at him.