Day 26 One

Day 26

On my marriage day, I was kind of nervous and upset. I didn't want to leave my house but the fact that I was marrying Vansh relieved me a bit, because I knew he would never prevent me from meeting my family.

But just a month later? I felt happy and giddy. All the butterflies in my stomach kept visiting me time and again.

On my wedding day, I wore a red lehenga and Vansh was in his red sherwani. Although it was just one month ago, it feels like a long time because of the progress Vansh and I made in our relationship.

We first started off being nice to each other and then we were there, marrying each other again.

I didn't have my lehenga here, so instead , I settled for a red saari with golden borders on it and a blouse. The blouse was a half sleeved regular one but clearly defined my body. I just wore a simple red bindi with bangles and a simple gold necklace.

I mentally thank the one who put this saari in my bag or else it would have been difficult. Albite, I didn't dress up like a bride, I felt like one.

****

Today is 26 february, my wedding day.

Growing up I didn't want to get married and leave my house. But somehow daadi ma convinced me to get married.

I am sitting in front of a mirror, wearing red wedding lehenga with shimmering white details on it. I had light make-up and heavy jewellery on. I didn't know how to feel, I didn't.

I also didn't want to feel anything. I didn't want to.

I was broken off my thoughts when daadima entered my room. I turned around to see her standing there in a beautiful saare looking absolutely gorgeous. She had tears in her eyes and tried to suppress them, failing miserably.

"You look absolutely gorgeous beta" she said coming near me to hug me. She used her right ring finger to rub some kajal off her eyes and made a kaala-teeka on my neck. She held my face between her hands and kissed my forehead. She was shorter than me, so I had to bend down.

I was about to say something when my Ahaan knocked on the door.

"They're here" he said, trying to sound normal.

"I love you beta" she said and left the room.

After some time, I was escorted to the marriage site by my brother and cousins. I stood in front of a white cotton cloth, preventing me from seeing my groom, who was standing on the opposite side of the clothes.

The pandits started chanting some mantras and people around us started throwing flowers and uncooked rice on us. Once the cloth dropped, my breath hitched by his appearance. He looked absolutely handsome, knocking breath out of my lungs.