Day 22 Clothes

Day 22

Rainy nights have never been good for me. Something bad always happens, which makes me overthink a lot. However, it was nine at night and I had just finished washing dishes while Vansh cleaned the table, after we had dinner.

We were about to watch a movie or something when there was a knock at the door of our house. That was such a strange thing. We don't know anyone here and as for our maid she always comes in the morning, same for the milkman. Who could it be? On this rainy night?

"Be careful" I warned him. Who knows what is behind that door?

"Why? I'm sure it's okay"

"What if there's a burglar who hits you on your head or a ghost?" he laughed cutting me off from my rambling. I frowned and narrowed my eyes at him. He noticed my displeasure.

"I will be careful" he said and came near me to give me a side hug while the knocking continued. He went towards the door from the kitchen and I wiped my hands with a hand-napkin and walked towards the door.

I always have had a habit of expecting the worst of a situation.

This is one of the biggest reasons why I feel a bit skeptical about books with open-endings. While other people expect the positive ending, I sit there crying, not literally, expecting the worst scenario.

'Prudence concept- Anticipate the losses but not the profits'

Even after expecting the worst, this was the worst in the history of all worsts. The creep was standing in my house, dripping wet, in her skimpy black dress, while Vansh was irked and shocked.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked, trying not to sound harsh.

"Well, I was going home from the nearby pub when the rain started pouring and the cab I booked didn't come" she said arrogantly.

"That doesn't explain why you are here" Vansh blurted out, immediately regretting even talking to her.

"I didn't have a place to go, do you really think I could go home? I live miles away" she said in a 'Duh' tone. She seemed to be a bit offended by Vansh's question.

None of us spoke a moment. There was an awkward silence, where Sara came in and stood in the living room.

"Can I borrow your clothes, Annanya?" I clenched my hands in fists. She was doing it purposely. I could see the look she's giving me.

"It's Ahaana and sure, just follow me" I said with gritted teeth.

****

"I really don't know how she got the address," Vansh said, moving his hand through the hair, frustrated.

"I believe you" I frowned and replied with a low voice.

"Come here" Vansh said, pulling me by my waist and making me sit on his lap, such that my legs were facing one side. Not to mention we were sitting on the sofa, which was pretty spacious.