Day 20 Piku

Day 20

As lazy as I was, I still hated mess and untidiness. I cannot stand all the dirt and mess that people make while working or cooking or doing anything. I need things to be in their place.

After long-thirty minutes, I was finally done cleaning the kitchen. Let's just say things got a little messy while making dinner because I was baking a cake. After all, it was a special day.

Iit was Vansh's late dog, Piku's birthday today. She died three years ago but Vansh told me he every year celebrated her birthday. That day was to remember her and hope she was happy in heaven. She was actually a stray dog but after she lost one of her eyes, Vansh fought with his family to take her in.

Vansh's efforts didn't go in vain as the family took in that beautiful girl and loved her since then. But sadly, three years ago, they lost her to some disease.

I was not much of a baker so I made a simple eggless round cake with 'Piku' written on it. I kept the cake in the refrigerator and went towards my room to change from these flour-soaked clothes to some decent clothes.

I opened my cupboard and the sight in front of me didn't disappoint me.

Earlier today, when Vansh was called for his Audit because apparently they needed him. Can't they understand? He was on his honeymoon and was supposed to spend time with me, not do those audits. I sorted out my clothes. Tops on one side, the nightgowns, and dresses on another, and bottoms neatly folded in a drawer.

Sighing, I took out a dress and slipped into it. It was a really nice dress with tight-fitting at the top and flowing down stopping just on my knees.

****

I was combing my hair when I heard the knock on the door. I kept the comb and went towards the door to open it. I opened the door to see a mildly-tired looking Vansh standing with his blazer, on one hand, his sleeves rolled all the way up to his elbows and bag on his shoulder.

I looked at the watch to see the time. It was seven in the evening. He promised me to be home by six. He was late.

"What are you doing here? What if my husband comes and catches me with my boyfriend?" I say playing with him while he enters the house, removing his shoes, and keeping his bag and blazer on the sofa.

He walked towards me and snaked his arms around my waist. He looked at me lovingly with a hint of playfulness before speaking.

"We should make this fast then. Shall we?" he said, bringing his face closer to mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I think not" I raised my eyebrows, teasing him. He groaned, then smiled, and then rested his head on my shoulder.

"You smell really good," he said sniffing me like a dog.