Chapter 2 We're Home

Smirks

The tea

:Ellana:

I look up at the big two storey house. It has lights in the garden that wrap around the whole house. It's beautiful. Magnificent, really. Just how I remember it, but then add snow.

Mom rushes out of the house, arms open wide, and a smile on her face. She will never cease to amaze me at how she's almost never frowning. She lives a good life, because of her family.

I step out of the car, and Annie following suit, and we both get embraced by my mom.

"How are you girls?"

"Better now that I'm home."

"Oh, well, it's good to see you, Hun. And how 'bout you, Beth?"

"Well, I'm doing okay. How are you doing?"

"Oh, everything's great. Great, yeah. Well, come on in. We don't want the cold to get to ya'."

Annie locks my car, and heads inside after my mom, but not before handing me my keys.

But I stay out longer. I like the winter. I shove my hands in my pockets head out the back. They can wait for me. It was a two hour flight, meaning that we got off the plane at 11:30 P.M. Then it took an hour to get here. So, it's around 12:30 A.M. But, I don't mind. Before I left for college, I would stay up until the early hours of the morning, then get maybe five hours of sleep.

I only stay outside for a little while, because I hear a vehicle pulling into the driveway, and don't want to be the only one outside. But, when I'm inside, I go to the window.

And, if I can guess who it is, I'm going to frown. My guess is  none other than the one and only Damon. And, I swear, if it is him, I'm marching right up to his car and smashing that damn window unless he can get out before then. Some say I have anger issues, but really, it's just Damon who is the issue. Ugh. I swear to the Moon Goddess I will murder him some day.

I don't even know why he has a girlfriend. They haven't seen each other in almost half a year. They're mates, but he didn't go with her. Like, um, okay? Yes, I know what werewolves and vampires are. I am a werewolf. My mom's Dad is a werewolf, and she's not, just like her mom: human. But I got my grandpa's genes. Kace and Damon are also werewolves. Ugh, they're such jerks. Kace has his mate. But Damon hasn't found his, so he just found somebody to date.

And Annie doesn't know anything at all. I feel sorta bad, but what can you do? It's a secret that needs to be kept. I'm just glad that I don't have a mate. That would be awful, because if I ever got pregnant, it wouldn't last nine months. And how do I explain losing all sorts of communication and living in the woods? How do I explain why my boyfriend growls like a possessed human? I don't. Because I'm not going anywhere. I don't have a mate.

I hear a car door slam shut, and realize I got distracted. 

But, when I look up, it's not Damon who is coming towards the door. It's Uncle Zephyr, Aunt Rory, and Tye.

I burst out of the front door with a big grin. Uncle Zephyr is my favourite uncle. As much as I like Uncle Bexley, I'd have to say Zephyr is definitely the funnest. That is now a word.

He flashes me a wide smile and opens his arms, which I gladly fly into. 

"Hey, Elle, how you doin'?"

"My day keeps getting better and better," I admit.

He rolls his eyes, and I go over to Aunt Rory. I hug her, too. But, I'm careful of Baby Cayley. I heard they just adopted her a couple months ago. Then I go over to Tye. He's a werewolf like both his parents. He's busy texting somebody, so I smack him upside his head. That should teach him a lesson.