Chapter 21 Carnival

Hey guys, I was thinking of maybe doing a second book after I finish this one. Yes, I think ahead a lot. I'm looking for different covers. If you have an idea, please let me know. Here's an idea. Also, comment if you know what the picture above is from. :)

:Ellana:

:Ellana:

I don't think I've been this close to death my entire life span. The only thing keeping me from plummeting to the Earth below is the bar and Jack's arm. Oh, and I'm holding on for dear life.

They're called Ferris Wheels. Heard if 'em? 

Jack is laughing his ass off because of how scared I am. Well, forgive me if I'm terrified of heights. 

My legs are shaking so much, I think I might not make it.

"You okay?" Jack asks. Oh, so now he's serious?

"Yes," I manage.

He starts hooting with laughter again. I can't help but think that he's had too much to drink.

"I'm fine," I seethe.

"That- that would explain it."

"I said I'm fine." I go to unwrap his arm from around my waist, but last minute decide now is not the time to die.

"Good choice."

"Okay, folks, the ride's over," the man's voice comes over the speaker. "We've got an issue, so we'll be lowering you all now. Please get off the ride in an orderly fashion."

Jack looks over the edge and murmurs something about a cop. "They put you in danger if something's happened to the ride. They're fucking dead."

"Didn't you say the police are here?"

"Yes. And?"

"Well? They're here for a reason."

"Whatever."

Our turn comes really fast, and we climb out.

"I don't feel so good," I say.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, it's just- I can't." I stumble around, trying to walk.

He picks me up and carries me on his hip.

"This is really... weird." I blush at the position we're in.

He sets me down slowly and tells me to hop on his back. I agree because it's better then him holding me like a toddler.

"Where do you wanna go next?"

"Fortune teller!" I yell and hop excitedly on his back.

"Jeez, okay. Chill."

He walks into a purple tent.

Inside, there's a couple ladies laughing in the back behind a sheet.