122 | in the end

✿ ✿ ✿

    Samantha glanced behind her back, making sure there was no one near her

    Samantha glanced behind her back, making sure there was no one near her. Her breath was heavy as she made her way to the woods, moving graciously in the shadows. Her cloak covered all of her body, not letting sight of what she was carrying underneath.

Her footsteps were fast yet gentle, not wanting to startle anything around, the less someone or something knew she was there, the better.

Once she arrived at the marked spot, she sighed, putting the bag next to a tree. She raised her wand and began to pull protective spells around her, only leaving a small gap open.

Samantha sat in one of the tree roots, embracing herself from the cold. She sat patiently, waiting for him to arrive. The wind made her company and the moon watched over her, like they had done so many times before. The stars shined bright around her, making her feel in a better mood, knowing a part of the universe was there for her.

Suddenly, the bushes in front of her began to rumble, causing her to look up. From the shadows emerged a large figure, it moved quickly behind a tree and then she heard the footsteps of someone else.

Samantha stood up slowly, feeling nervous. From the other side of the protective wall, she watched as the man walked around, the moon illuminating half of his face, causing her to smile.

Soon, he reached the spot of entrance and he froze, finally looking up at her. The two stayed that way, frozen, looking at each other.

    Slowly, he walked closer but then stopped, hesitating. The moon shined over his features as well as hers, amplifying their demeanor.

    Samantha took the first step, letting down the hood of her cloak. She stared at him, but before she could open her mouth and say anything, he ran to her, carrying her up the ground in an embrace.

    She quickly wrapped her arms around his neck, squeezing tightly. His arms around her waist were firm and strong, not wanting to let go. Without noticing, the two had tears forming in their eyes.

    He put her down slowly, and once they were face to face, they grinned. Their hands took their faces, each of them analyzing the other's faces. Oh, how much they've grown.

    Samantha stroked his cheek, noting the beard and the bags under his eyes. His hair was tied back, giving him an older look. But once she looked into his shiny eyes, she recognized the same spark she felt in love with.

    ❝Hello, Sammy❞

    Samantha's smile grew wider, letting out a small chuckled. He took her cheeks, watching her face intensely.

    ❝Hello, my love❞

    Sirius exhaled, tracing his finger around her face. Taking in everything he had missed.