14. Mother's scolding

I was in kitchen making breakfast for everyone. I made potato, onion, cheese mix paratha. I know its Siddharth's one of favorite food.Keerti told me once. Keerti is helping me in the kitchen and everyone was sitting in the living-room. Siddharth is working out on the tarrice.

Last night when he left me all stunned with his bold comment, I gain my senses back after few minutes and went to living room where everyone was sitting. Whole time I and Siddharth steal gazes from each other and every time he grinned to himself when he caught me red handed looking at him.

I hadn't seen him since morning, later keerti told me that he is in tarrice, working out.

"Bhabhi...I never saw Bhayi, before this much happy. I know Bhayi is a silent type and doesn't talk much, but you change him. His eyes shine with unknown feelings whenever he looked at you. He had not bought a gift for anyone not even me and Maa. We just asked him what we want and he give that to us but never bought a safety pin himself for us. But he bought a beautiful necklace for you. I know he likes you. But he won't admit it. You are changing him from unromantic to romantic one." I was cutting a cucumber for salad when Keerti said while piling oranges for orange juice.

I felt a strange feelings whenever she talked about Siddharth. I grinned myself while blushing.

"I know you like him too. Your flushed cheeks tell everything." She said while bumping her shoulder to mine.

I took my lower lip between my teeth  to control my smile and blush.

I feel happy and proud that Siddharth did a thing which he never did before to anyone. I am feeling lucky to myself.

We had not talked much after our engagement but I feel I know everything about him. I developed my feelings towards him but what if he doesn't feel the same for me. What if he just like me but nothing more than that.

But the way he looked at me everytime his eyes said everything that he also feel the same as I feel for me and it is to early to reach any conclusion.

I and Keerti set the breakfast on the dinning table and call everyone for breakfast.

Everyone sit on their respected chairs. Keerti makes me sit beside Siddharth. He was freshly showered and looked very handsome in his royal blue button up shirt with black jeans. He opened upper two buttons of his shirt which shows his perfectly built hard chest. He rolled his sleeves up to his elbow and wore a black wrist watch in his right hand. Totally he looks like a greek god ready to flat girls with his charm an on the other side I wore a simple pink net suit with matching leggings. I look ordinary infront of him.

I'm feeling nervous like I am going to write my board exams.

Hell...I didn't even feel that much nervous in my board exams.

I don't know how a pratha taste, Is it taste bad or good, will Siddharth like it or not. These questions are continuously buzzing in my head.

Siddharth take a pratha from server dish and put it into his plate. He take first bite of it but said nothing.

I looked at him when he took one morsel and eat it. My heart is beating fast like my result is going to out any time.

I was waiting for his any kind of expression but he remained his expression blank.

Neither good nor bad expression played on his face. I think he did not like it. I face fell in disappointment, I bent my head down and fledge with my fingers. I made this breakfast especially for him. I know we don't talk much but this is the only way I can try to know him batter. May be I should try harder to get him know batter. I started eat my breakfast silently.

"It's delicious.." Siddharth whispered coming close to my ear.

I look at him with a jerk and then everyone. No one is looking at both of us. I look at him again, he gave me a million dollar smile. His smile is reaching to his eyes.

"Sorry not saying this before. Everyone is here and I know you hate to being a center of attention." He said in a low voice that only we can hear our conversation.

How he knows I hate being center of attention. No one knows about that.
Well I think it's obvious because I feel very uncomfortable when everyone's attention is on me. But no one pointed out this before or may be no one noticed it.

But He noticed and he is not anybody.

We ate our breakfast in silent but siddharth stealing glance to me. I can feel it.

"Isha ji (Preeti's mother) Diwali celebrates in India like we celebrate Christmas in New york but there are some difference in rituals and I want Sid and Keerti learn everything about our culture. living in America they are totally become American which is good but I want them to learn few things from our culture too." Neeta maa said to mummy.

I and keerti exchange look and she looked excited.

"You are right Neeta ji. I think we should start preparations for Diwali. Only four days are left." Mummy said.
........................................................................

We all are sitting in a living room. Papa take Akhil dad to our shop. Anshul and keerti are playing pub-g in their phones. Mummy and Neeta maa are making list for Diwali accessories. Siddharth is working in his laptop and I am looking at keerti's phone watching her game. I and Siddharth are siting silently stealing glance from each other while doing our work.

I still call him Siddharth. I know everyone call him Sid but I can't help to call him by his full name. I liked it when when his full name rolled on my tongue.

Well..we didn't said a word to each other after breakfast just stealing glances from each other.

"Preeti... had you made sweets which I told you." Mummy asked me while looking into her list and then me.

oh! shit.

"No, I forgot..." I said and smiled sheepishly.

"How could you so irresponsible Preeti. I told you three day ago and you are telling me now. Now how I will manage. Lots of work is still pending. House is not decorated yet, sweets are not ready, flowers and leaves garlands are not ready yet and many more things are still pending. It was your responsibility and you are saying me that you forget." Mummy scolded me in front of everyone and gave me her death glare that could burry me six feet under the ground.

I looked at Siddharth and he is looking at me with concern. I gave him a sad smile and looked down in shame.

Mummy is right I am irresponsible. She told me three days ago and it completely got out from my mind. It's festival season and there were lots of work in office that made me busy whole day and I got tired to remember anything.

"I think we should divide the work. It will save the time and we could complete the preparation before time." Siddharth saved me from mummy's further scolding.

I looked at him and he was looking at mummy. But suddenly his eyes met mine and again I looked down on my lap in embarrassment.

"Sid is right Isha ji. I think we should divide the work." Neeta maa said.

"Neeta ji and I will go to the market for shopping." Mummy said while looking at the list and then me.

"I'll also come." keerti said excitedly while putting her phone aside.

"Okey beta (dear) you can also come with us." Mummy said to keerti in motherly tone.

"Okey now....keerti, Neeta ji and I will go to the market. Anshul and Sid will decorate the house with lights. Preeti.. you will make sweets, flowers and leaves garlands and Rangoli too." Mummy divide the work between everyone.

"I will call your father to bring vegetables in his way back to home." Mummy said and walked out of the living room.

I also get up and followed her. I should start now otherwise she will scold me to death.

                  .....Thankyou....