51. Her pain

Sid's Point of view

"No...no..noooooo..." she screamed and open her eyes immediately.

I took her in my arms and rub her back to make her calm. She buried her face on my chest and breath heavily to calm herself.

"Don't worry it's just a nightmare, nothing else." I comfort her while rubbing my palm on her back.

I took a glass of water from beside table and give it to her. She took it from me and drank the water. I rubbed my palm on her back to comfort her.

"Are you fine now?" I asked her worriedly.

She nodded her head while giving me glass.

I took the glass from her and put it on the bedside table but when I put it something fell on the floor.

I bent down and picked a small plastic bottle from the floor. It looked like a some kind of medicine. When i read the details on it i was shocked that they are the sleeping pills. But what are they doing here? Why Preeti need them?

"Are you taking sleeping pills?" I asked while looking at her.

"Yes.." she bent her head down and nodded.

"Why..?" I asked her with a hurt.

Why she taking the sleeping pills. As far I know, she never had nightmares before and never take sleeping pills then why now.

"To stop nightmares." She said looking at me. I can see the pain in her eyes. Today she pull down her walls for me and let me in. She is showing her pain to me. She was letting me read her.

"When were you having nightmares?" I asked her worriedly.

"From two years." She said in a low voice.

A wave of pain pass through me when she answered. My guess was right. She never took pills untill two years ago. I am the reason of her pain. Toady when I came to her apartment, I was feeling weak emotionally. She supported me in my vulnerable state. Now she is the one who is vulnerable. I know I cause her so much pain but this time I want to with her when she is letting me in her heart and showing me how much she is alone.

"What they are about?" I asked her.

She lost in the memory lane and I could feel the discomfort she is feeling now. She was looking like she was having some kind of battle inside her. Her eyes lost the colour in two years but still they are as much as beautiful they are two years back.

"My Life is not a simple for me. I always have to do work hard to get anything. My life was miserable before you came in my life and it got worse after you." She said looking at some place blankly.

I pulled her closer to me by holding her waist and put my one hand on her, encourage her to continue.

"When i was in school my classmates bullied me. Girls treat me like a shit. They told me that i don't have a sense how to wear a clothes, how to walk, my bra step is visible and boys are looking me at with lust. My life is keep going like this but after that you came in my life. I felt like my new life was began. You made me smile. I felt so free around you. I felt very protected and safe around you. You made me feel different emotions which i never felt. I fall in love with you and that was the most beautiful moment in my life." She said still looking at the same place blankly.

"But you also leaved me and my life become more miserable than before. Before you, People in my office just ignored me but when they came to know that you canceled the marriage they treated me like a shit. They passes a dirty comments to me and priyanka and my boss were horrible." Tears welled up in her eyes.